Page 1 of 4
Hey guys, recently I've had a lot of people think I'm a lot younger than I really am. I'm 19 and people think I'm 15/16. I almost didn't get into a venue my band was playing in because the bouncer thought I was younger/my ID was fake. Besides working out, is there anything that I can do to help make myself look my age?
Man i'm 22 and people tell me i look like im 14. You just gotta deal with it.

Like no joke i was talkin to this chick the other day and she asked me what highschool i went to and i was like uh....bryan station....4 years ago. And she was all like, oh snap, i wont graduate from there for another 4 years! And i was like **** you look 18 this is ackward
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Jul 16, 2013,
i can almost guarantee you have at least shoulder length hair. cut it short.
Enjoy it while you can, OP.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by angusfan16
Man i'm 22 and people tell me i look like im 14. You just gotta deal with it.

Like no joke i was talkin to this chick the other day and she asked me what highschool i went to and i was like uh....bryan station....4 years ago. And she was all like, oh snap, i wont graduate from there for another 4 years! And i was like **** you look 18 this is ackward

You are me
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils
You are me

I am you

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Dress, a decent hairstyle (not just a buzz or a clip, but some product), posture, facial hair, attitude, and a tan go a long way.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
Quote by schecter ftw
You guessed right, I do have shaggy hair. I would cut it, but I can't pull off really short hair whatsoever.

Maybe a picture would help, this is from I show I played Sunday night.

Quote by due 07

I make music sometimes.
cut your stupid hair
get rid of your geek shorts
buy button down shirts

#lolmntinspiredpost
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Put on some weight, cut that douchebag hair.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
A pair of jeans, buttoned shirts, and a new haircut will do the job. Don't expect results though, I've been estimated atleast 6 years older ever since puberty hit me at age 11.
Quote by schecter ftw
You guessed right, I do have shaggy hair. I would cut it, but I can't pull off really short hair whatsoever.

Maybe a picture would help, this is from I show I played Sunday night.

Yeah, give it a cut, find some shorter style that works for you. Seriously, just google "modern men's hairstyles" and you're bound to find something. Take it in to a salon or barber shop and they'll know what to do.

Then, don't wear those baggy shorts. Wear something a little more form fitting. Those definitely have been in your wardrobe since you were 16 or so.
When did the Pit turn against long hair on dudes?

Seriously, when did that happen?

EDIT: his hair isn't even long. It's just a bad cut.
Quote by CoreysMonster

since always cuz it's shit
___

Quote by The_Blode
Quote by CoreysMonster

When everyone realized how awful it looks. The Pit has a whole has gotten a lot more fashion savvy. It's no coincidence that metal gets made fun of a lot more now along with people knowing how to compose themselves.
Quote by blake1221
Yeah, give it a cut, find some shorter style that works for you. Seriously, just google "modern men's hairstyles" and you're bound to find something. Take it in to a salon or barber shop and they'll know what to do.

Then, don't wear those baggy shorts. Wear something a little more form fitting. Those definitely have been in your wardrobe since you were 16 or so.

Those have been in the wardrobe in general for 16 years.

Quote by CoreysMonster

Usually the people that have long hair on here don't maintain it; and it looks awful.

Quote by due 07

I make music sometimes.
Last edited by Gorelord666 at Jul 16, 2013,
Quote by Extra Ordinary
Start chain smoking

this
Quote by naedauuf
Shit working 24 hours a week at $12 an hour makes me rich?

BOW BEFORE ME PEASANTS.
Quote by blake1221

Thanks for the legit advice. I lost a lot of weight recently so I need to do some much need clothes shopping. Any advice on good styles/places to buy shorts?
Last edited by schecter ftw at Jul 16, 2013,
Quote by blake1221
When everyone realized how awful it looks. The Pit has a whole has gotten a lot more fashion savvy. It's no coincidence that metal gets made fun of a lot more now along with people knowing how to compose themselves.

So the Pit has gotten more superficial, is what you're saying.

And metal getting made fun of? Are we on the same website?
Quote by CoreysMonster

Man as much as i loved and miss my hair, cutting it was one of the best damn choices i could make.

Chicks would play with my hair all the time, but that's about all i ever got out of it

edit: oh my god that picture is hittin me in the feels. I miss it so much.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by CoreysMonster

superficial is good
___

Quote by The_Blode
Quote by WCPhils
superficial is good

Gatsby was superficial; and look what happened to him.
The poor son-of-a-bitch.

Quote by due 07

I make music sometimes.
Quote by schecter ftw
Thanks for the legit advice. I lost a lot of weight recently so I need to do some much need clothes shopping. Any advice on good styles/places to buy shorts?

Of course, homie.

It depends on what you like. The mall is a good starting place, but I always shoot for the stuff that's shy of trendy. You don't want to come out like a fresh kid or some shit.

I like skinnier (not skin tight) jeans and button ups. That's an easy, affordable, and good place to start. A pair of low profile skate shoes, Nike Stefan Janoskis or Vans Classics with low cut socks.

Since it's summer, I took my third favorite pair of jeans and cut them just above the knees for nice shorts. Comfy and look decent enough.

Quote by CoreysMonster

And metal getting made fun of? Are we on the same website?

Caring about aesthetics isn't superficial. That's just a cheap shot used as a last resort by people threatened by good fashion and hygiene.
Quote by blake1221

Caring about aesthetics isn't superficial. That's just a cheap shot used as a last resort by people threatened by good fashion and hygiene.

It is superficial though, what you seem to be saying is that by itself doesn't make it a bad thing, which I guess I would agree with.

It's still superficial tho, admit it.
Quote by blake1221
Of course, homie.

It depends on what you like. The mall is a good starting place, but I always shoot for the stuff that's shy of trendy. You don't want to come out like a fresh kid or some shit.

I like skinnier (not skin tight) jeans and button ups. That's an easy, affordable, and good place to start. A pair of low profile skate shoes, Nike Stefan Janoskis or Vans Classics with low cut socks.

Since it's summer, I took my third favorite pair of jeans and cut them just above the knees for nice shorts. Comfy and look decent enough.

Ok thank you. I did buy some Levi's 511's the only day as well as some Vans Classics (I was wearing them in that pic you just can't see them). I'm gonna hit up Urban Outfitters and H&M tomorrow.
Page 1 of 4