I'm looking for an effects pedal. I was thinking multi-effects, since I don't have any experience with them and I'm not sure what I want. I have a Fender Frontman 15G amp and a budget of about $75 or so. Any suggestions?
new amp my friend. As much as i'm sure you hate to hear it, any pedal is going to sound like shit through that amp. So get a decent amp before you start spending money on pedals. I have a VHT special 6 ultra and its inexpensive and really versatile.
I don't really think a new amp is the answer, I think he just wants to experiment and play around with some different effects. Nothing wrong with that.

+1 to the Digitech RP, they're relatively cost effective and sound quite decent. You could pick one up used for pretty cheap if you wanted to save a bit of cash.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by Eppicurt
I don't really think a new amp is the answer, I think he just wants to experiment and play around with some different effects. Nothing wrong with that.

+1 to the Digitech RP, they're relatively cost effective and sound quite decent. You could pick one up used for pretty cheap if you wanted to save a bit of cash.

Precisely! Not everyone needs to get a new amp, especially beginners, even if they currently are just playing through a practice amp.

Once again, I'm also going to suggest something from the Digitech RP line. They're pretty inexpensive and offer a variety of effects and amp-models for you to experiment with. You can probably even find one used if you're on a budget.

A couple of tips if you do get a multi-effects unit, whether it's the RP line or something different:
1) Do your research on the effects and amp models offered in the unit. This will give you a good idea of what each amp model and effect is best used for and it will also be a nice guitar history lesson of sorts! Doing this will also help you make more informed decision on what amp model will sound good for a specific tone you're looking for. This will also help you down the road when it comes time to buy another amp. Even though the amp models will not sound exactly the same (and probably not quite as good) as the amps they emulate, you'll at least gain some perspective on the different tonal varieties of amps. For instance, maybe you'll find you really enjoy the Marshall-type models on the multi-effects, thus you'll likely want to seek out a more British sounding amp when you're looking to upgrade in the amp department.

2) Be prepared to take some time to tweak your settings to get the sounds you're craving and READ THE MANUAL. I can't stress this enough to first time multi-effects/amp-modeller users. As you continue to play and progress as a guitarist you'll likely find your ear for tone will become more refined, so don't be surprised if a patch you've created doesn't sound as pleasing to you six months later.

3) When using your MFX/Modeller, run your amp clean (completely clean) and set your amp's EQ as close to flat as possible (everything at noon on the dials). This, in most cases, will give you a nice platform for the multi-effects to work on top of, plus most amps (especially practice amps like yours) don't play nice with multis/modellers when used with gain (even more so if you're using a patch with distortion).

Hope that helps! Good luck in your search!
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.