o.O you messing with us Tom? How do you like the HT1 anyway? Loved my HT5 while i had it
you need to pull the mid knob off of the amp.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
90% of tone is in the fingers. Chop yours off and replace them with his, you'll nail the sound perfectly.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
?

Your LP DOES sound like that!

You need to replace your ears...or perhaps you've had a vacuum leak between them that's modifying the perceived tone?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Do you squat like the guy does when he plays? That seems like it's giving him a more brutal tone. What's more metal than looking like you're using a port-a-potty?
Ibanez
Universe UV777 Signed by Steve Vai
Prestige RG2027X with Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
RG7621 swirled
Prestige RG1420
AEL207E
You need a crappy LP Supreme.

Trust me, it gets you there.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Tom 1.0
Why won't my Lp sound like this?

How long is your hair? If you can't get a proper windmill going on you don't have a chance.
He has short hair

I thought it would sound right as its the same shape and colour?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You need a crappy LP Supreme.

Trust me, it gets you there.

yet another reason to hate the les paul supreme.

Have you considered more flashing lights?
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
This thread is making me upset.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
I liked Trivium more when Matt Heafy sang more like James Hetfield.

That? That was ass.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
I liked Trivium more when Matt Heafy sang more like James Hetfield.

That? That was ass.

This is why most modern metal sucks to me. I don't mind screaming in songs if it isn't constant. Used for effect, ya know?

Heafy has a decent voice, I don't know why he doesn't use it more.

Edit: This is a joke topic right?
Washburn MG-44(E)
Ibanez RG421 (Eb)
Art & Lutherie Electric Cutaway
Vox Valvetronix VT40
Vox AC4tv 1x10
Vox Original Wah-Wah Pedal V847-A
MXR '78 Custom Badass Distortion
Quote by Shadowofravenwo
This is why most modern metal sucks to me. I don't mind screaming in songs if it isn't constant. Used for effect, ya know?

Heafy has a decent voice, I don't know why he doesn't use it more.

Bingo and bingo.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by Tom 1.0
He has short hair

I thought it would sound right as its the same shape and colour?

Nope.

Maybe if you aren't willing to man up and pay too much for a LP Supreme, you can just get the Matt Heafy sig Epiphone.

Better than a Gibson dude.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Maybe it's your strap locks. Have you tried changing them? They'll help with your speed too.
I recommend a Boss MT2. Mids are for your dad-rock Lid Zipline, Toni Loomi and Bun Jivi grandpa bullshit. MettalicA for lyf!!
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Maybe if you aren't willing to man up and pay too much for a LP Supreme, you can just get the Matt Heafy sig Epiphone.

Better than a Gibson dude.

To be fair, the Matt Heavy Epiphone is actually very good. I played the 6 string version and it played perfectly. There was really nothing wrong with it.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jul 17, 2013,
Well to be fair I was just being an ass. I like the guitar.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Dude, you obviously need more flashing lights and a Spider IV. That's quite literally the ONLY way to get that tone. Just remember to scoop the hell out of your mids and turn your gain way the f**k up.

Good luck.
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Messiaen is Magical

Official Approval
This message has been approved by:

Mister A.J.
Head of the Department of Redundancy Department
Mister A.J.
Quote by Mister A.J.
Dude, you obviously need more flashing lights and a Spider IV. That's quite literally the ONLY way to get that tone. Just remember to scoop the hell out of your mids and turn your gain way the f**k up.

Good luck.
I find that the Spider II has a far superior tone, actually. Insane channel, mids all the way down, bass and treb all the way up, and then poke holes in your speaker for extra distortion. Trust me.
Quote by ExDementia
I find that the Spider II has a far superior tone, actually. Insane channel, mids all the way down, bass and treb all the way up, and then poke holes in your speaker for extra distortion. Trust me.

this.

more and more of this.
Is your treble all the way up? That's probably your problem right there. Simple fix.

If that doesn't work though, definitely look at the Boss Metal Core pedal, it's so BROOOTZ.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
After pondering this more, try using an ABY box to run a Spider III 15 and a Marshall MG 30 at the same time. On both amps, dime everything, including volume, except mids, which should be zero. Use the insane channel and overdrive channel respectively.

Might be a stretch, but I think a BC Rich bronze series warlock with an EMG 81 could nail it, especially with the amps I mentioned.
Ibanez
Universe UV777 Signed by Steve Vai
Prestige RG2027X with Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
RG7621 swirled
Prestige RG1420
AEL207E