Page 1 of 3
My brother has gotten it into his head that he wants to buy some British candy/sweets. I told him I'd ask around the Pit to see what the local limeys suggested. Soooo, what do you people like to eat candy-wise. He wants stuff that you can't just buy in America, particularly stuff that's "distinctly British", if that's a thing. Also, please describe what it is your suggesting. I don't think he wants to order a pack of "Glom Bars" only to find out their made with boiled fish heads. So..... What do you like to cram in your gullets?
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
yeah those are aero bars, The mint ones are the tits

even though I don't think they're british, find some tim tams
you won't regret it
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
its all shit, the only time i get candy is if my local supermarket's american import aisle has a special on stuff, because its otherwise stupidly overpriced

Quote by Obsceneairwaves
yeah those are aero bars, The mint ones are the tits

even though I don't think they're british, find some tim tams
you won't regret it

yeah nestle is french i think
Last edited by Ichikurosaki at Jul 17, 2013,
Quote by LostLegion
Honeydukes.

EDIT: ^Aero?

Maybe, but it came in a purple or blue wrapper I think. idk I bought it in a mall by MediaCity.
Quote by genghisgandhi
Maybe, but it came in a purple or blue wrapper I think. idk I bought it in a mall by MediaCity.

?
I doubt we have anything special, and I have absolutely no idea what we have and you Americans don't.
Quote by genghisgandhi

?
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
What are all these things? Chocolates, cookies, gummy concoctions?

And Tim Tams sound so delightfully British. I'm kind of disappointed that they aren't.

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
There aren't really typical sweet shops in Britain anymore, think original Charlie and the Chocolate Factory film, there's one in my town but it's a novelty. British sweets? Biscuits man, we Brits ****ing love our biscuits. Jammie Dodgers are where it's at.
Walkers(Lays) has a bunch of flavours for their chips that you can't get in the states. I found a British import shop and it had flavours like prawn cocktail and worcester sauce.
Go to Clacton and get some proper hard Rock.

Swear to god when someone gives you Rock and it's soft it's the most painful feeling you can have

EDIT: You don't have Prawn Cocktail?!

WHAT

Best flavour by such a huge margin
Quote by sam b

Takes me back to quite literally half my life ago in year 7.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by Extra Ordinary
Walkers(Lays) has a bunch of flavours for their chips that you can't get in the states. I found a British import shop and it had flavours like prawn cocktail and worcester sauce.

bet you don't have ketchup either

seems like they give you everything except the few actually good flavours
now you know how we feel about our TWO poptart flavours
oh and I remember liqourice sweets too.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by Ed Hunter
Takes me back to quite literally half my life ago in year 7.

Aye.. I think it's illegal for anyone over the age of like.. 12 to buy those to be fair
I'm intrigued by this Blackpool Rock stuff...

Quote by Bladez22
Quote by sam b
Aye.. I think it's illegal for anyone over the age of like.. 12 to buy those to be fair

I have no idea which shops sell that stuff nowadays, but I just found it on Amazon and I'm temmppttteeed
This is probably just going to be a list of things you can't get in Australia and by extension the US that I remember loving back home.

Chocolate Orange Aero
Blue Ribands
Galaxy Chocolate
Haribo Sweets (particularly the Tangfastics)
Fry's Creams
Jammie Dodgers

Oh and for the record, Tim Tams are Australian, made by Arnotts, not Nestle.
Quote by BottleOfSmoke
I'm intrigued by this Blackpool Rock stuff...
Surely they have it at seaside towns in the US. Never seemed like a particularly English thing. It's really good shit, as long as you don't get the soft stuff. Plus it'll last you a whole bastard day if you don't go ham on it
Also, what the **** is a Jaffa Cake?

Quote by Bladez22
Quote by BottleOfSmoke

It's a biscuit
Quote by Ichikurosaki
bet you don't have ketchup either

seems like they give you everything except the few actually good flavours
now you know how we feel about our TWO poptart flavours

Actually I'm in Canada. I know that Lays operates in North America and Walkers in the UK. I think so at least.
We do have ketchup and it's my favourite flavour. We don't have prawn cocktail and god damn it's good. The import shops sells them for about $2 for those little bags you'd normally get around Halloween.
Aero is so good that I dedicated my username to it.

Nope I have no idea what this stuff is.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by BottleOfSmoke

Jaffa Cake is the only good thing out of babylon

only 20s brits will remember these
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Quote by willT08
Surely they have it at seaside towns in the US. Never seemed like a particularly English thing. It's really good shit, as long as you don't get the soft stuff. Plus it'll last you a whole bastard day if you don't go ham on it

I live about 45 minutes from the ocean, and there's all kinds little shops and stuff all over the place there, but I don't remember ever seeing that kind of candy.

Edit: we have werthers in the states. I love 'em.

Quote by Bladez22
Last edited by BottleOfSmoke at Jul 17, 2013,
Quote by raoooos
It's a biscuit

I will fight you.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
You refer to multiple cookies as one jaffa cake? What the hell is going on?

Quote by LostLegion
Haha what unprivileged Americans have no prawn cocktail crisps.

Where am I? Who are you?
Quote by Stugg334

only 20s brits will remember these

I was gonna say them before, but apparently they're german!
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Page 1 of 3