I was lucky enough to inherit my fathers original Big Muff Pi not too long ago, and I'm excited to start using it. The only problem is over time and a couple moves the power adaptor has gone missing. My issue is, the unit itself has no markings for power rating at all, so I'm at a loss at what to order. I've found the right chord for the newer models, but I can't find anywhere where it says the 70's Pi's power rating. Any ideas on what I should be picking up? I can also provide pictures if necessary.
I'm not sure, but send EHX an Email and they can tell you.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
I'm not sure, but send EHX an Email and they can tell you.

I went ahead and remade this post on their forum, if I dont hear back I'll email them. Either way I'll share what I find out here in case anyone else needs to know.
Which version is it? I've got a 1979 V5 Op Amp version and I'm just using it with my one spot and works just fine.
Quote by iwannabesedated
Which version is it? I've got a 1979 V5 Op Amp version and I'm just using it with my one spot and works just fine.

I'm not sure exactly, I just have the unit itself, no packaging. I know it was purchased in the mid-late 70's; and is not the original model, which was battery powered only.
Quote by CodeMonk
Anything you want to know about the Big Muff can be found here:

http://www.kitrae.net/music/music_big_muff.html

This.

But yeah, if it has the Tone Bypass switch, it's either a V3, V5, or V6.

If it still has the Dakaware knobs, it's either a V3 or V5, if it's got the hockey puck knobs, it's either a V5 or V6.

All of this isn't particularly helpful in this case though. I'm 99.9% sure all of the Big Muffs have the same power draw as the current Big Muff.
Quote by iwannabesedated

I do this. Though I think if you already have a power supply, the 1/8th inch adapter that comes in the one spot accessory pack or somewhere else is what you want.