I was talking to some players just last night at a blues jam about this very subject. I won’t name names but we all agreed that when we go to a jam the worst thing that can happen is to get stuck playing with a lousy drummer.

And it’s not usually about their chops. Many drummers can play their drums just fine. They just don’t know how to play the song.

And this doesn’t just apply to drummers… it really applies to everyone in the band. And yes, at blues jams this issue is persistent for just about everyone. Most jammers don’t understand how to play the song. And as beginners why should they. That’s why they are at a jam in the first place.

So please forgive me. If you are a new player and just learning then this is not about you… and this may be a chance to learn something important.

But if you’ve been playing for a long time and still don’t get this, then this is aimed at you. It’s time for you to start listening and learning how to play the song correctly. This will help your playing and get you more gigs.

Sorry am I being too hard on drummers?
It turns out that everyone else is playing it correctly and TS doesn't know the song.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I'm sure those anonymous strangers from the bar you went to last night are happy you're not naming names. Their face would sure be red if you did...

Especially Phil and old Pete
Jams are about having fun I thought. If they get a chance to practice the song I'm sure they can nail it. I'm just happy to get a good beat when I go to a jam session
Quote by HoneyboyHart
But if you’ve been playing for a long time and still don’t get this, then this is aimed at you. It’s time for you to start listening and learning how to play the song correctly. This will help your playing and get you more gigs.

lol ok teach, thanks for the life changing advice here on Ultimate-Guitar.com.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Am I missing something here? You are annoyed that at JAMS the drummer is not playing the song correctly....Last time I checked jams were not about perfection but about fun and improvisation
Quote by HoneyboyHart
This is not about a jam... this about people that understand how to play a song and with each other. And yes... it is a difficult skill to learn, so I'm not trying to be negative. But that's what GREAT is about.

Maybe you should be more flexible.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
what I think hes trying to say is, when he plays something, the drummer should know what sort of beat sounds good with it, it should flow with the music. which no drummer ive played with seems how to do
Wait is this a mirror thread to your own thread? sheesh

0.5/10

Just awful

EDIT: Is this an adbot? Damn science and their artificial intelligence..
Last edited by Ssargentslayer at Jul 17, 2013,
Learn to play drums and stop hating on people who don't hear the stuff that you do.
How do you make a signature? Is this a signature? Sig?.... Nature?..... Sigmund Freud?...... Nature Valley?.... Sigmund Fraud?..... Frankie Valli?.... ah, $!*@ it...
Jamming songs and performing covers are two different things. You cant properly play a jam because a jam is about spontaneity. You should see if everyone else in your band is on the same page when it comes to the songs you play. They might want to add their own flavor, when you are a stickler to the recipe.
what we all know really is that TS needs a new amp so his greatness can be heard to all the useless musicians he has to put up with.... TS you're a douche, i hope i never have to play any instrument any where near you
i'm Ginger its fun