I have this kids toy piano, and I want to get rid of the internal speaker and instead have a jack socket, so I can plug it through a distortion pedal and my guitar amp.

The trouble is I'm not really sure what cables I would want to connect to the jack socket, and was wondering if anyone had any ideas of what to look for?

Or if anyone knows of any good resources or forums of communities of people that make this sort of thing that would be great.

Here are some pictures of it:

Thanks
Gibson SG
Laney Cub 10
Ibanez SD9M
Ditto Looper
Last edited by XEasyTarget at Jul 17, 2013,
I would just hook up the wires that currently go to the speaker.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
That's what I thought, but I couldn't get it to work.

I've figured it out now. I hooked the black cable to the long connector that goes to the tip of the jack, and the red cable across the two top connectors and it works great!
Gibson SG
Laney Cub 10
Ibanez SD9M
Ditto Looper
Quote by eddiehimself
I would just hook up the wires that currently go to the speaker.

Wouldn't that be bad since thats an amplified signal? Doesn't he need to present some form of load to whatever amp is there? Isn't it bad to put amplified signal into an amp?
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.
Quote by Viban
Wouldn't that be bad since thats an amplified signal? Doesn't he need to present some form of load to whatever amp is there? Isn't it bad to put amplified signal into an amp?

I am a total noob when it comes to electronics and all that, but don't distortion-pedals and boost pedals also drive an (mildly) amplified signal into an amp?
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
man, I'm so sad I made this thread now after seeing those shake shack burgers. I would buy an extra just to fuck it while I eat its siblings. then i'd eat that one too.

I am so sorry for my mother's "escapades"...
Quote by sideslick
I am a total noob when it comes to electronics and all that, but don't distortion-pedals and boost pedals also drive an (mildly) amplified signal into an amp?

They do, but not enough to make much come from a speaker.
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.
Quote by Viban

I think as Telecaster7 says, it's pretty much your only option in this case. Also there are preamp pedals and things that do drive quite a high level of signal into your amp. What you have to remember here is that it is a very small speaker, not some big massive guitar amp thing.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."