Hi there.

I would like to ask for advice: how can I decrease the output signal of my bass? It has active EMGs (45TWX), with active electronics and the output seems to be too strong for the input of my bass amp (Tech 21 Sansamp RBI). The amp has only 1 input, not separate active/passive inputs. And it has no input gain pot or active/passive bass switch. When the active eq pots on my bass are in neutral position, the amp can cope with the signal, but when I turn the EQ up (not even all the way up), the amp starts distorting. Of course I could turn down the volume knob on my bass, but that changes the tone too, and I want to keep the tone. Is there any device that I could connect between the bass and the amp, to turn the signal down?

Thanx a lot in advance for your replies.
B.C. Rich, Cort, Engl, Engl, Engl, Epiphone, Epiphone, Fender, Fender, Gallien-Krueger, Gallien-Krueger, Ibanez, Ibanez, Ibanez, KRK, KRK, KRK, Laney, Line6, Michael Kelly, Schecter, VHT, Yamaha....
The drive knob is your gain/overdrive turn that down a bit. There is a input on the back on right right that has a -20 db pad on it, if I'm looking at the right amp.
With active pickups and electronics, you shouldn't experience the tonal change heard on guitars/basses with passive pickups. That's one of the beauties of active electronics on a guitar or bass.
Quote by fudger
The drive knob is your gain/overdrive turn that down a bit. There is a input on the back on right right that has a -20 db pad on it, if I'm looking at the right amp.

Man, you´re damn right - it´s really there, on the rear panel....
I completely forgot about the rear panel, since I put the thing in the rack....
Thank you for demisting my windscreen!
B.C. Rich, Cort, Engl, Engl, Engl, Epiphone, Epiphone, Fender, Fender, Gallien-Krueger, Gallien-Krueger, Ibanez, Ibanez, Ibanez, KRK, KRK, KRK, Laney, Line6, Michael Kelly, Schecter, VHT, Yamaha....
Quote by Airfish
Man, you´re damn right - it´s really there, on the rear panel....
I completely forgot about the rear panel, since I put the thing in the rack....
Thank you for demisting my windscreen!

OK, so gave it I try already and it works just as it should: no slightest sign of distortion, even when I dime the eq on the bass and pluck real hard....
Thanx again.
And promise next time I check my gear properly before asking....