So my roommates crate gx1200h head is stuck on the drive channel. Even when the switch is on clean the light just stays red and the tone doesn't change? Anyone happen to know what's going on?
"Could everyone please stop sounding like everyone else that's trying to sound like meshuggah?"

-Emil Werstler

Quote by damian_91
Kurt Cobain, the best guitarist to ever live.

My guess would be that the switch is faulty. It would require some fault finding by testing first the switch and then the relay or transistor that it connects to.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
My guess would be that the switch is faulty. It would require some fault finding by testing first the switch and then the relay or transistor that it connects to.

Yeah, that's mine as well... We've taken it apart and there is only a very small box behind the button, so Idk how to fix this?
"Could everyone please stop sounding like everyone else that's trying to sound like meshuggah?"

-Emil Werstler

Quote by damian_91
Kurt Cobain, the best guitarist to ever live.

Take it to somebody that knows what they are looking at.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
the gx series amps from crate have a power supply defect that will cause the amps components to fail from all of the pots to the buttons even the input jacks could be damaged, in some cases the amp won't even turn on. If this is the problem get another amp if you somehow fix this problem another one will follow shortly after, simply the main power supply causes voltage differences within the amp i have seen this countless times working in a guitar shop and even experienced this my self with my GX212.