To keep this short and sweet: My picking technique basically relies on the whole "pick from the wrist and use arm to cross strings" thingy, which is no problem when I'm wearing long sleeves. However, when I'm wearing a T-shirt, I'm having alot of trouble crossing the strings as my skin tends to stick to the body. When I play while standing up it's even worse. Now, ofcourse I could just stick to my long-sleeved shirts (no pun intended), but I'd rather not give up that easily. I mean, plenty (as a matter of fact; all, I'm starting to believe) players don't seem to have any trouble when playing in short/sleeveless shirts, so there must be something I'm doing wrong here.

baab
Get a wristband. Sweatband?
I started playing with one a few years ago for sorta the same reason you stated. Mine doesn't really stick, but it kinda annoys me now and then when I rest my hand against the body.
I can play fine with or without one, but it tends to be more comfortable playing with a wristband now.
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
Picking arm sticks to body when not wearing long sleeves

First world problems.
It's a Jackson Randy Rhoads RR5, with a gloss finish I guess. And as far as I can tell I'm not anchoring, I mean, I actually need to move my arm for string crossing and sweeps so there's no point in anchoring, it's just that the bare skin "slows" me down..
baab
Yes I know what you mean, the inside of my picking arm near the elbow sticks to the body, especially in this heat wave Britain currently going through, the only advice I could give is to wear a sweat band on the area.
Quote by The Dimery
Yes I know what you mean, the inside of my picking arm near the elbow sticks to the body, especially in this heat wave Britain currently going through, the only advice I could give is to wear a sweat band on the area.

Ohhh the heats. Thanks for the reply though, I'll definitely look into using a wristband.
baab
Quote by Facecut
Easily solved problem.

It's more like that I was wondering if my technique was good, since so many great players do fine without any.
baab
Hi to all: I play a Stratocaster and had the same problem. My wife is very good at knitting and crocheting and said "I can fix that !" She crocheted a beautiful arm protector/unsticker. It goes from over the elbow to the wrist, is a very open weave so it's comfortable to wear; perhaps a little overkill for the problem, but I am now unstuck in T-shirts. Great day to all.

Jazzman 1021