I am currently using just a crappy pair of computer speakers...it works but I was just wondering if anyone has some good recommendations for speakers for when playing?

I have heard studio monitor speakers are good but are more "flat" as they are primarily for recording. I am kinda just looking for an all arond good and tight sound.

Thanks for any advice
Depends what you want it for really. First off do you want to record or are you just after speaker recommendations for general playing (if so this probably belongs in GG&A).
If you're recording, studio monitors will give you the best representation of how your guitar will sound in the recording so they are your best bet if you can afford them.

If you're after general playing then there's two ways I would generally suggest looking at:
1. A powered PA speaker. These are about as flat as loudspeakers get, just plug your Pod into it's input and use the amp modelling from the Pod. This will act just like any modelling amp will.
2. A power amp + guitar cab. With this setup, you disable the cabinet modelling and just use the preamp modelling into a real amp and cab. Whether you get a fancy tube power amp or a cheaper solid state one is up to you. This will work like a modelling amp too, but will be a little more "real" because it's a real cab, and will help fend off the idiots who think every guitar amp looks like a marshall stack.
Quote by chatterbox272
Depends what you want it for really. First off do you want to record or are you just after speaker recommendations for general playing (if so this probably belongs in GG&A).
If you're recording, studio monitors will give you the best representation of how your guitar will sound in the recording so they are your best bet if you can afford them.

If you're after general playing then there's two ways I would generally suggest looking at:
1. A powered PA speaker. These are about as flat as loudspeakers get, just plug your Pod into it's input and use the amp modelling from the Pod. This will act just like any modelling amp will.
2. A power amp + guitar cab. With this setup, you disable the cabinet modelling and just use the preamp modelling into a real amp and cab. Whether you get a fancy tube power amp or a cheaper solid state one is up to you. This will work like a modelling amp too, but will be a little more "real" because it's a real cab, and will help fend off the idiots who think every guitar amp looks like a marshall stack.

thanks so much for the reply, very informative.

Do you have any recommendations for some good studio monitor speakers?
^We need some kind of budget to really give you anything.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com