Hi, I just started learning Drop 2 chords a couple of weeks ago and i am finding it very difficult to move all my fingers at once while switching from one chord to another. I have been practicing it everyday a lot but still cannot seem to change from one chord to another quickly. Especially this one particular chord below where in i am unable to get all my fingers in a single movement. Please help.

G7

--13--
--11--
--12--
--12--
Quote by sundar334
Hi, I just started learning Drop 2 chords a couple of weeks ago and i am finding it very difficult to move all my fingers at once while switching from one chord to another. I have been practicing it everyday a lot but still cannot seem to change from one chord to another quickly. Especially this one particular chord below where in i am unable to get all my fingers in a single movement. Please help.

G7

--13--
--11--
--12--
--12--

Firstly: never heard the term "drop 2 chord" before; I suspect it's something someone made up that means nothing.

Secondly: slow down. You can't do it because you don't have the coordination, slow it down to a point at which you can do it and get it right and comfortable there before trying to bring it up to performance speed.

Thirdly: that chord, whatever it is, cannot be a G7.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
You might want to include notes on your lines, otherwise there's now way to tell what that chord is.

What do you mean by a drop 2 chord?
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Firstly: never heard the term "drop 2 chord" before; I suspect it's something someone made up that means nothing.

Secondly: slow down. You can't do it because you don't have the coordination, slow it down to a point at which you can do it and get it right and comfortable there before trying to bring it up to performance speed.

Thirdly: that chord, whatever it is, cannot be a G7.

http://www.jazzguitar.be/drop_2_chords.html
1. Don't double post. There's an edit button for a reason.
2. What you tabbed, if played like this:

e|-13-
B|-11-
G|-12-
D|-12-
A|----
E|----

is a Gm7 not a G7.

3. All you're really doing is playing a Gm7 with the fifth in the bass.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Quote by Junior#1
1. Don't double post. There's an edit button for a reason.
2. What you tabbed, if played like this:

e|-13-
B|-11-
G|-12-
D|-12-
A|----
E|----

is a Gm7 not a G7.

3. All you're really doing is playing a Gm7 with the fifth in the bass.

Yes actually its Gm7 i typed it wrong. Sorry about posting twice the same thing will use the 'edit' option next time.
Quote by sundar334

I don't really see the point of that term. It's only making an inversion.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at Jul 19, 2013,