This is a good day, 2 new guitars

Let's start with the first one, a Gibson Les Paul Classic 2002. This guitar sounds amazing and looks stunning, the previous owner removed the yellow inlays and replaced them with "normal" ones. Through the years i have played Gibson SGs, Schecter Tempest, PRS Custom 24 etc, but this Les paul has the best tone i've ever heard, i had high expectations but didn't expect sucha a big difference compared to my other guitars.

What i really like about this guitar is the setup, the action is extremely low and there is no buzz at all, the intonation is perfect aswell.
At first i was a little worried about the 496R/500T being to hot for the typical les paul sound, however i'm very satisfied with how they sound with my Orange Rockerverb50 + greenbacks. It sounds like a warmer JB with slightly less output. In the future i might try some PAF-pickups.
I also love how it looks, it got that vintage vibe eventho it's from 2002.

Last edited by vismbr at Jul 18, 2013,
The other guitar is a custom Stratocaster, the body is custom-made after a 59 start, slightly thinner then normal strats. The other parts are various high-quality parts that i picked. Play and sounds great.

Last edited by vismbr at Jul 18, 2013,
I would consider my text a short review! Or is there any template i should use for review?
We need a bit more than that - we haven't learned anything about these guitars!

What do you like about the LP, what are the parts and specs on the strat, etc.

There are no hard and fast rules but usually a few complete sentences beyond "I like it" are appreciated. We want to know why you're excited about your gear.
Love the wear on that LP.

HNGD
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Roc8995
We need a bit more than that - we haven't learned anything about these guitars!

What do you like about the LP, what are the parts and specs on the strat, etc.

There are no hard and fast rules but usually a few complete sentences beyond "I like it" are appreciated. We want to know why you're excited about your gear.

Added some more info about the LP, will add more about the strat later.
2(NGD) = 2(H)

Nice haul!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jul 18, 2013,
Nice acquisitions. HdoubleNGD!
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Awesomeness!

HNGD!
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
excellent x2
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I live that strat, Im trying to save up to build one like that right now but the Chapman ML7 looks so tempting...
Misha Mansoor:
Uplifting quote disguising failure as something to be proud of.
That les Paul is awesome. The new inlays are much nicer and the subtle ageing is sexy as hell. One of the best looking Les Pauls I've seen.
Nice haul! HNGD!!!
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, SG standard, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7(*for sale*)
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Great guitars!

Also, where did you get that Hendrix/Gilmour strap for the strat? Been wanting one for a longgggg time.
Call me walrus! Or latte!

Gear:
Fernandes Retrorocket Deluxe DG
G&L Tribute ASAT Deluxe Carved Top
Fender Lonestar Deluxe Reissue (MIM, Texas Specials and Pearly Gates HB)
ZOOM G5
Danelectro Daddy-O overdrive
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
That les Paul is awesome. The new inlays are much nicer and the subtle ageing is sexy as hell. One of the best looking Les Pauls I've seen.

Thanks

Quote by wahalrus
Great guitars!

Also, where did you get that Hendrix/Gilmour strap for the strat? Been wanting one for a longgggg time.

The guy that made that strat for me included it in the case, not sure where he got it from.