So I was hanging out with my friend after work this morning, who is very critical about our music. He's constantly trying to bring us down. But anyway, I said something about how Motionless In White and Asking Alexandria suck, and how generic metalcore sucks. And then all of a sudden my friend gets pissed, and he blurts out, "Dude, your band is metalcore!!" and I said, "No we arent, we try really hard to NOT be metalcore!" and then he was like, "Dude. In your songs, you guys scream the verse and sing the chorus. Your riffs our metalcore. You use breakdowns and have whiny clean vocals. You even dress metalcore! Dude just face it, you guys ARE generic and you ARE metalcore. Once a metalcore band, always a metalcore band."

This pissed me off. Metalcore ****ing sucks. I don't think we're really metalcore because we don't use 5-7-8-10 and we use lots of lead guitar stuff and are mostly melodic. But based on what I've said, how can we break away from the metalcore label?
I'd recommend stopping your musical career.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
The answer is simple.

Start writing music that makes people happy instead of music that gives them migraines.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
This is almost Ian level shit.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Start playing jazz. I'm afraid that's the only cure.
Quote by CV334

Sir, the contents of my mouth just blew all over my keyboard, desk, and part of my monitor. For the record, it was slightly chewed Keebler cookies and coffee slurry.

The average pitmonkey's response to my jokes.
This conversation sounds really familiar. And your friend sounds a lot like...me. O_O

Do I know you from somewhere? Post a clip of your music, I wanna verify.
****in called it.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Amuro Jay
Ten bucks says TS is edmodo.
His friend didn't cum all over the floor afterwords. It can't be him.

I'm a bit afraid of who he might be though...