Will never mow another lawn again.

Last Saturday, I'm enjoying some couch time, browsing the farm and garden section of craigslist, looking for things to help improve my house/yard. Well, I come across this mower, and, while having it on my property will probably bring the value of my house down, I just couldn't say no. It was cheaper than a Squier strat.

The engine has been replaced with an 11hp, then the cam was ground, a giant motorcycle carb was thrown on there along with a motorcycle exhaust. It has a 3 speed transmission, with reverse. It pulls wheelies in first gear.

The steering had a lot of play in it, scary amounts, so I brought it into the shop at work and tack welded the joint in the steering shaft(which I had to grind off to remove the body for paint.) This eliminated about 80% of the slop and made it so it could be driven. I found some go kart tie rods online that I will order next payday, this should make the steering tight.
Attachments:
mower01.jpg
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
all you need now is a wife beater and to cut out short shorts out of your skinny jeans.

Oh and a cup holder for your natural ice
Next step was paint. I pulled the body off, cleaned it up and primered, painted, decaled and put on clear coat. I still have to wet sand the clear coat, then put it all back together.

it's fun, and pretty fast. Not fast enough to enter in a mower race(I don't know that we even have mower racing locally,) but it is certainly fast enough to send me to the emergency room.

Here's a mock up with the body after paint, and of course, the chrome trucker chicks had to be put on the rear fenders.
Attachments:
mower02.jpg
mower03.jpg
Quote by CodChick

Quote by flexiblemile
all you need now is a wife beater and to cut out short shorts out of your skinny jeans.

Oh and a cup holder for your natural ice

A beer holder is definitely being considered, possibly one from a boat shop that rotates on 2 axis to prevent spillage.

Ultimately, I plan on putting it up on craigslist barter section and see what interesting items I get offered in trade. For now though, I'll keep it until the neighbors call the cops, it is LOUD.
Quote by CodChick

That's awesome. If I drove/walked by you mowing with that I'd give you an enthusiastic thumbs up.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by Ssargentslayer
Does it..

does it mow?

No, the blade and shroud were removed long before it became mine. I think it's a bit too fast to function as a mower. I could modify a wagon as a trailer and call it a tractor, I suppose, were I wanting to feign functionality.

Quote by Eastwinn
the exhaust is in a terrible place.

Yes, and it runs so rich that every time you goose the throttle, you get a face full of exhaust/unburned fuel.
Quote by CodChick

Last edited by ecvMatt at Jul 18, 2013,
Yeah you could still mow the lawn at that speed. OP here is something you might be interested in its a Honda ride on lawn mower that does 130MPH being driven by The Stig. Its a standard production Honda mower with a Honda V-Twin motorcycle engine crammed into it and glass fiber blades that spin at 4000RPM for keeping your lawn short, haven't seen it dyno'ed but if those motors can haul fat guys around the little bastard can probably tow a decent amount of weight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe5ldu2jB2E
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Last edited by ne14t at Jul 18, 2013,
Quote by ecvMatt

Yes, and it runs so rich that every time you goose the throttle, you get a face full of exhaust/unburned fuel.

lol that's great actually. it's 4-stroke right? cause if it was 2 cycle that would be even better
Quote by Eastwinn
lol that's great actually. it's 4-stroke right? cause if it was 2 cycle that would be even better

Yea, 4 stroke.

I saw that mower The Stig drove, mine is scary enough, and I bet it only does 20-25mph, maybe.
Quote by CodChick

Quote by ecvMatt

If you didn't want to trade it off, I'd put a small Garrett turbo on it. You could make the header and downpipe easily enough and you already have the fuel mods to support the boost.
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Love it, love everything about it.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
I live in a condo so we just pay Mexicans to do the mowing.

But nice ride.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Quote by Angus_Junior35
If you didn't want to trade it off, I'd put a small Garrett turbo on it. You could make the header and downpipe easily enough and you already have the fuel mods to support the boost.

^^^^ do it man