Hey guys,
Ive been looking into a gaming desktop for the past few months and have been getting stuck. I am looking for a powerful, custom, gaming pc and I cant find a place to build one. I have about a 1000 dollars to drop on it and just cant find a site. Please give me some recommendations Pit members. Just for clarification I am not going to build the thing myself, that's just of out my league, Id like to just buy an awesome gaming pc.
It kind of defeats the point of "building" a pc if you are just going to pay somebody to build it for you.
Quote by LostLegion
A mac.

This.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by Gorelord666
This.

This
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Jul 18, 2013,
Computer Thread

There is already a thread for computer stuff here. Post there and I will reply to you and give you lots of tech advice.
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

If you have a computer related question, ask here!

Official Mayor of the Computer Thread
Quote by Joshua Garcia
From what I understand, most of the internet believes buying a gaming PC is a stupid idea because it's a waste of money. So... maybe don't do that.

If I also understand correctly, it's cheaper to just upgrade your current desktop for gaming.

If you're getting a new one it's better to build it at one time or buy a new one. I don't think everything will always work together if you upgrade one you've owned for a while.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Joshua Garcia
From what I understand, most of the internet believes buying a gaming PC is a stupid idea because it's a waste of money. So... maybe don't do that.

If I also understand correctly, it's cheaper to just upgrade your current desktop for gaming.

You don't understand much, do you?
Quote by Thrashtastic15
You don't understand much, do you?

I never claimed to be an expert
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line

Personally, I'm going to buy a Lenovo IdeaCentre K430 next month. Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM and nVidia GeForce something with 2GB memory, for just 1200€. That's really a bargain 'cause around here, you can't even build a computer that good for the same price.
Quote by Anthropocentric
Your balls. You lost the right to them. Hand them over.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What kind of person needs to have a Flying V shoved up their vagina?

Join The 7-String Legion! Now!
Quote by Thrashtastic15
It kind of defeats the point of "building" a pc if you are just going to pay somebody to build it for you.

Select all the parts you want then get someone else to put it together for you? I wouldn't do it, but that doesn't exactly sound unreasonable.
Quote by Avedas
Select all the parts you want then get someone else to put it together for you? I wouldn't do it, but that doesn't exactly sound unreasonable.

Will increase the price unnecessarily.
I put my computer together successfully. Pretty much anyone could. I watched some Youtube videos and read a couple guides.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
It's pretty much plug & play if you know what you're doing. And it doesn't take much to know what you're doing. All you need to keep in mind is to connect all the cables to the right sockets, and slide in the components GENTLY.

I laughed when I heard somebody complain about their RAM upgrade. It didn't fit in the PCI slot XD
God forbid someone wants to spend a thousand dollars on something and don't want to risk breaking something and ruining it by putting it together themselves when they obviously do not have the knowledge to do so...
Thanks for all the great advice guys. Im quite new to the forums still and am sorry for the wrong thread placement. I can use computers but don't completely understand the mechanics. At first I wanted to build one then realized soon its over my head. I was going to have a friend build one for me but I just am not sure.
Quote by kozmo4200
Just for clarification I am not going to build the thing myself, that's just of out my league, Id like to just buy an awesome gaming pc.

If you are literate, have hands, and know how to properly operate a screwdriver then you are overqualified for PC building.
Quote by rob904
If you are literate, have hands, and know how to properly operate a screwdriver then you are overqualified for PC building.

It's actually true, though.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by Wormholes
God forbid someone wants to spend a thousand dollars on something and don't want to risk breaking something and ruining it by putting it together themselves when they obviously do not have the knowledge to do so...

you say that like it's difficult to put a computer together.

here's what I did
look up a few youtube tutorials on it
read about what parts you'll need
buy from newegg
put together with no previous experience
Quote by byob_soad2
buy from newegg

my condolences

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I've heard stores are a good place to look.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA