I've been looking at mid-range cymbals but I'm not sure what I want. As of right now I'm looking at the AAX X-Plosion 19 inch but the 18 inch sounds appealing too. I only use 2 cymbals and a hi-hat so I'd be using it for riding too.

I most play Northstar, Converge, Fireworks, and misc. hardcore or pop punk bands.

Any suggestions? Preferably $280 or under
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
Im curious to know what you consider high level if the AAX line is mid-level? Any of Sabians hammered B20 lines are professional level cymbals.

The AAXplosions are IMHO the best crash cymbals on the market. I play an 18" xplosion alongside an 18" AAX Studio crash.

It will also work well for riding, AAX's decay a little quicker than other cymbals so you can get pretty good stick definition when wash riding on them.
On my small config I use my 20" AAX-Plosion crash for riding. It works well as a ride when using brushes or thunder rods, but it's still too light to get a nice ping from being played on the bow with a stick.

To be honest, when I think of mid range I think of lines like the XS-20s, but I guess you could check out the Zildjian A Sweet Ride (21 or 23"), and see if you could get a used one. They work very well as big crashes
I like to stick to Sabians. I have a B8Pro crash/ride and HHX crash. HHX sounds way better, my favourite cymbal. Awesome bright sound and rings really nicely. Not a great bell however, B8 is much better for riding. HHX is a better cymbal and if I had to choose between the two I'd definitely take the HHX.

I would invest in a good ride though if you already have two crashes. Nothing like a sweet sounding ride, you can find thinner rides with great crash sounds as well.
Last.fm So you can make fun of my taste in music
Youtube So you can make fun of my videos