So, I'm planing to refinish my old washburn guitar i got a while ago since it has a lot of scratches and i wanted to take advice from you for the paints i should be using. i've been searching a lot but couldn't find a good aswer. i'm looking for a black matte finish.

if it's of any use my guitar is a washburn MG340R 96"

-can you get a good finish with spray cans ?

-this guitar has been refinished before, do i need to sand to the wood to paint it again ?

-decals are an option ?

i also have other questions:

-this guitar has groover tuners, but they play a lot, is it normal ?

-the thruss rod is kinda stuck, how do i fix it ?

some pics

Last edited by STEGMAIER at Jul 19, 2013,
So, I'm planing to refinish my old washburn guitar i got a while ago since it has a lot of scratches and i wanted to take advice from you for the paints i should be using. i've been searching a lot but couldn't find a good aswer. i'm looking for a black matte finish.

if it's of any use my guitar is a washburn MG340R 96"

-can you get a good finish with spray cans ?

Yes

-this guitar has been refinished before, do i need to sand to the wood to paint it again ?

No

-decals are an option ?

Yes

i also have other questions:

-this guitar has groover tuners, but they play a lot, is it normal ?

I assume you mean Grover. If so then no, its not normal. If you do indeed mean Groover then I dunno. Quality tuners have little to zero play

-the thruss rod is kinda stuck, how do i fix it ?

I assume you mean Truss rod. If its really stuck, take it to a tech
'It takes 100 guitar players to change a light. One to change the light and 99 to stand around pointing, saying..."Yeah man, look...I can do that too"...'

My gear is in my Profile

Builds & Refurbs
Hondo 780 Deluxe
Gibson Studio
Epi LP100