Hello, people! Um, if any of you know of the band "Battles", I'm going to need help. I'm trying to figure out what I'd need to get the whammy effect used in the song 'Atlas', off of their album "Mirrored" (2007), and I'm unsure about how to get it.. I mean, he obviously uses a whammy pedal, but is it hooked up to anything? I'm more leaned towards the sound of the vocals used on the Fuji Rock Festival (2007) performance. I believe that, on top of the whammy, he uses some sort of detune. That's not what my issue is, I can solve that. My issue is of what type of whammy pedal I need to buy for the octave switch that he undergoes. At one point, it goes into harmonies, some pedals have that, such as the Digitech Whammy 5, but I need to know what pedal can master that octave switch. Somebody help me. :c
I don't get this. You know you need a whammy, but you're asking what you need?

I'm so confused.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by Eppicurt
I don't get this. You know you need a whammy, but you're asking what you need?

I'm so confused.

I have a whammy pedal, but it only has three octaves and I have no way of modifying it. I need a whammy pedal that get's THAT specific octave, of the song Atlas. My main goal is to get it so that I can not just cover this, but mess around with my other effects... BUT the main factor is what pedal could hit THAT octave. Sorry about how confusing I am, I get that a lot...
Could you get a whammy on your guitar and then an octave pedal such as the EHX Pog 2?
In the video it looks like a Moog pedal.
No idea which one, I'm sure you could do it with any standard pitch shifter for guitar as long as the mic has a 1/4 jack
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
Quote by Kyleisthename
In the video it looks like a Moog pedal.
No idea which one, I'm sure you could do it with any standard pitch shifter for guitar as long as the mic has a 1/4 jack

I was thinking that the Digitech Whammy 5 pedal might work... Do you think it would? And as of what I could see, he had a whammy pedal next to a Moog Ring Modulator. :/
I'm like 80% sure that the Digitech Whammy 5 could do the job, I just can't tell... If I were able to test one out with a mic and a detune pedal, I'd be set, but where in the hell could I possibly do that? :/