hey i'm looking for a guitar which has good clean sound ( rhcp style) and also a good distorsion and sounds good even for dropped d.
thanks
Fender Stratocaster Custom Shop. They cost around £3,000.

Maybe a Gibson LP R9. They cost around £4500.

Since you didn't give us a budget or your location I figured they weren't an issue.
Drop D?

Shit I think you might need a baritone...

More info please mate

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
inb4spiderormg
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
sorry I really didn't give you enough informations
I'm kinda begginer, but it really hate the sound of my ibanez gsa60, I also have a fender 212r amp, which doesn't have a good distorsion. I listen to various bands and i would like to play them all... I can't afford two guitars so I'm looking for one that would sound great in many genres. I am prepared to pay between 700-900 €. I'm from Europe. I don't care about preferences or pick ups, I'd just like to get some info and experience.
Gibson Les Paul Junior/Studio Faded, whatever it is this year.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/gibson_les_paul_studio_limited_wc.htm

Then sell your current guitar and amp and get a Fender Mustang 2 amp because your current one is very poor. This one is a modelling amp but it's a better amp with better tone.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/fender_mustang_ii_v2.htm

That's in your budget. If you have a bit more money you can get a good starter tube amp.
Last edited by Mephaphil at Jul 19, 2013,
ok tnx a lot

do you have any suggestions about overdrive effect? I want to have a better distortion, but my amp won't let me get that sound...Price doesn't matter, I just need a decent distortion, genre doesn't matter either
get a fender tube amp and grab a fender strat with the rest. just go used.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by adfda
ok tnx a lot

do you have any suggestions about overdrive effect? I want to have a better distortion, but my amp won't let me get that sound...Price doesn't matter, I just need a decent distortion, genre doesn't matter either

Price doesn't matter? Get a Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier, or a Marshall JCM 800 and a couple of decent 4x12 cabinets. Great distortion sound.

Should come in at around five grand.

Though you might need a stadium to practice in...

Information is king.

If you go for the Fender Mustang amp, you'll get the distortion sound. A great deal of distortion sound comes from the amp (or pedals). Most of the rest from pickups, and a tiny, tiny bit from the guitar.