Before anyone suggests any other low-end or entry level microphones, let me just point this out: I live in Brazil, and the offer here is very restricted. Sometimes what is a 20 US$ difference in price the US or other decent country translates to a 100 US$ difference here.

So I have the chance of purchasing a behringer C1 for 99 US$ or the AT2020 for 200 US$. The microphone will be used in my home studio, to record both male and female voices, both for singing and voice overs, as well as acoustic guitar. So what are your thoughts?
Quote by Xiaoxi
The Byzantine scale was useful until the Ottoman scale came around and totally annihilated it.
I'm fairly sure the 2020 is the better microphone, but I'm not too sure it's worth double the price of the C1. I know the C1-U has a fairly high noise floor (as do the C2 small diaphragm condensers), so that might also be an issue with the C1.

Overall though at those prices I'd be getting the C1.
Quote by chatterbox272
I'm fairly sure the 2020 is the better microphone, but I'm not too sure it's worth double the price of the C1.

Thanks man, you nailed exactly what I've been thinking about. I'm also sure the 2020 is better, but that was my doubt, if it was good enough to pay twice more.
Quote by Xiaoxi
The Byzantine scale was useful until the Ottoman scale came around and totally annihilated it.
Yeah, price difference in the US, the AT2020 has only been like $20 more at times. With that kind of difference, it's probably worth the extra cash, but definitely not worth twice as much. Really, they're both in the same class of microphones. Neither is particularly great, and the AT2020 certainly isn't twice as good as the C1.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I'd get the Rode NTA-1 instead.

Between these two, AT2020 indeed.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I have the C1, it's okay, but I don't use it for anything near professional.
I eat bananas vigorously

BUTTS.

To the pit because i don't feel like doing real life.
Quote by Spambot_2
I'd get the Rode NTA-1 instead.

Between these two, AT2020 indeed.

I'd like that too, but the Rode NTA-1 here in Brazil goes for about US$ 300-350
Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by mrkeka
I'd like that too, but the Rode NTA-1 here in Brazil goes for about US$ 300-350

Definitely not worth it. I'd rather save money on the AT2020 than waste it on the NTA-1
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
I'm probably gonna buy the C1, posteriorly a second SM57 and later some more expensive Rode.
Quote by Xiaoxi
I have a C-1 and in my opinion its great cfor the price. Requires a little EQing.

https://soundcloud.com/jstorie/goodbye-satellite-3

Don't jude by the female voice thing at the beginning it was a horrible sample after the bitch wouldn't come back to redo a few parts of her track. But all vocals on that song above are with a C-1,
Quote by FireHawk
I have a C-1 and in my opinion its great cfor the price. Requires a little EQing.

https://soundcloud.com/jstorie/goodbye-satellite-3

Don't jude by the female voice thing at the beginning it was a horrible sample after the bitch wouldn't come back to redo a few parts of her track. But all vocals on that song above are with a C-1,

This sounds awesome, really dig it! Of course, the gear means next to nothing, when you have great singers, though.

...but is that the actual waveform?

*edit* Nevermind, reloaded the page and the waveform looked normal. It was showing a solid bar the whole way across. I was like "Holy ****, this gives new meaning to squashing a track."
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com