Right ill start off with this. I first bought a second hand ESP LTD H-51 second hand for £40 to use everything but the body as donor parts for a guitar I built! Now I'm left with this body which I hate to see just sat on the Worktop in the garage so I thought I'd rejuvenate it and give it a new lease of life as cheap, battered road worthy axe...

Oh the neck that it originally had WAS a 22 fret and NOT a 24 fret.

One of my favourite necks I've ever used is the fender telecaster mex std and I wanted to buy one of these for about £30, first query, is this compatible with the body as is... The body has a tune-o-matic with strings that go through the body. I am thinking of maybe hacking it up and installing a licensed floyd rose therefore I could relocate the bridge slightly...

When I compared the original esp neck with the desired telecaster neck they are different lengths it seems but the distance from the nut to the 12th fret looks the same distance on both

The guitar has kinda taken inspiration from the EVH frankenstrat...

If I haven't made myself all that clear please feel free to question me, looking forward to some feedback, thanks Alex.
Quote by alex.stevens.35

When I compared the original esp neck with the desired telecaster neck they are different lengths it seems but the distance from the nut to the 12th fret looks the same distance on both

Necks measurements have to be the same, you'd have to relocate the bridge. I your guitar has a TOM it probably has a angled neck pocket which wouldn't work all that well with a floyd as you planned.
However since you do want to swap the bridge already, you can use a shim to get rid of the neck angle, just make sure of you do pop on a floyd that the distance from the 12th fret to your saddle is the same and that it wont put your bridge in the middle of where your bridge pup should go. if that happens you'll have to fill the pup cavity and make a new one, which wouldn't be any more work if you're already putting in a floyd route. and while you're at it, buy the OFR the first time and save some headache.
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.
Last edited by Viban at Jul 19, 2013,
An update on this one: I just measured from Nut to 12th then from 12th to bridge On both Tele and ESP neck and both are 12.75 + 12.75... Correct me if im wrong but that means they both have 25.5 Scales or something?
Quote by Viban
Necks measurements have to be the same, you'd have to relocate the bridge. I your guitar has a TOM it probably has a angled neck pocket which wouldn't work all that well with a floyd as you planned.

Just spotted this... If you see my most recent comment they seem to be the same upon measurement... It does have an angled pocket I believe but the only reason I would have swapped in a Floyd was if I'd had to relocate, which by the looks of things... I don't?

Cheers, A.
Quote by alex.stevens.35
An update on this one: I just measured from Nut to 12th then from 12th to bridge On both Tele and ESP neck and both are 12.75 + 12.75... Correct me if im wrong but that means they both have 25.5 Scales or something?

That is true, but the longer 24 fret tele neck will warrant all of the work I mentioned above.
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.
Quote by Viban
That is true, but the longer 24 fret tele neck will warrant all of the work I mentioned above.

Ah the tele neck is only 21 frets and I'm thinking of scrapping the floyd idea and keeping the TOM just to save all the headache...
Just sell the body on ebay or something.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Quote by alex.stevens.35
Right I'm just going to stick with the TOM and buy a 25-1/2 scale neck... That ought to work?

If the neck is the same length and scale.
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.
Quote by von Layzonfon
Gosh. If only there were some thread or other...ah, f**k it.

'It takes 100 guitar players to change a light. One to change the light and 99 to stand around pointing, saying..."Yeah man, look...I can do that too"...'

My gear is in my Profile

Builds & Refurbs
Hondo 780 Deluxe
Gibson Studio
Epi LP100
I couldn't find your thread, it would have been alot easier to just link it seeing as I was stuck on the on-screen keyboard at the time.
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.