Looking at some hi gain pedals for gigging purposes. I have a Tri/Ram Muff i like but want something a little less fuzzy. Looking for something thats clear, doesn't sound thin, with punch, not crazy noisey. Like chevelle's sound a lot. Some i've listened too online i like are Tight Metal, No Brainer, OKKO Dominator, Megalith Delta, Distortimus maximus, HT Dual, Triple Wreck, EMMA Reezafritz. anyone tried any of these in a gigging situation and could recomend something? Or maybe should sell my twin and get a blackstar Ht 60.

-------------------------------

Gibson The Paul 1979
Fender 94 Twin amp "Evil Twin"
MXR Stereo Chorus
MXR Carbon Copy
Basic Audio Tri/Ram Muff
The Tight Metal pedal is a near immaculate pedal design and I have used one, but don't own one because it is kinda limited to what it can do in terms of sound purposes. I still love the sound of my Marshall boosted with an OD for distortion. I have another pedal called the "Earthquaker: Monarch Distortion" that sounds pretty close to Orange's distortion (basically an Orange in a box). I'd just go into a store and try out what you can. Sometimes, the cheapest stuff gets you the sound you want without having to spend a ton on a boutique pedal that does the same thing.
Quote by mada1990
The Tight Metal pedal is a near immaculate pedal design and I have used one, but don't own one because it is kinda limited to what it can do in terms of sound purposes. I still love the sound of my Marshall boosted with an OD for distortion. I have another pedal called the "Earthquaker: Monarch Distortion" that sounds pretty close to Orange's distortion (basically an Orange in a box). I'd just go into a store and try out what you can. Sometimes, the cheapest stuff gets you the sound you want without having to spend a ton on a boutique pedal that does the same thing.

yeah the guitar store where i live dont have much selection except for boss. didnt even have a big muff. the Earthquaker: Monarch Distortion sounds good but actually looking for something a little more tighter and a little more gain. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Don't go by the Youtube videos of the Earthquaker, they barely crank the thing. It has an absurd amount of gain to it, but if you are looking for something tighter, than I would suggest the Tight Metal, especially since it has the noise supressor built in. Mesa also came out with a line of pedals that mimic the Mark V series distortion and the Rectafriers (or however you spell them). I haven't tried those yet, but from what I've seen, they do a great job reinacting that sound. Really can't go wrong with the Tight Metal though in terms of gain, especially when there's enough videos on it that show you how to get different sounds (which I'm sure one of them is what you are looking for).
Quote by mada1990
Don't go by the Youtube videos of the Earthquaker, they barely crank the thing. It has an absurd amount of gain to it, but if you are looking for something tighter, than I would suggest the Tight Metal, especially since it has the noise supressor built in. Mesa also came out with a line of pedals that mimic the Mark V series distortion and the Rectafriers (or however you spell them). I haven't tried those yet, but from what I've seen, they do a great job reinacting that sound. Really can't go wrong with the Tight Metal though in terms of gain, especially when there's enough videos on it that show you how to get different sounds (which I'm sure one of them is what you are looking for).

Yeah the Tight Metal is actually what i'm leaning to from the demos and reviews i've seen. i really like the distortion it has. just hope it will sound good when i play with a band. I've actully tried the mesa pedals and i wasnt crazy bout it sounded really buzzy. like the mxr fullbore pedal. don't really like all that fuzzy sound.
Quote by Maidenheadsteve
Hardwire SC-2, although I do love me some Stage 60. If you can get one, go for it.

yeah just hate to get rid of my fender. i love the cleans. but the 60 didnt sound to bad either. i was actually at guitar center bout to buy a 60 for like 600 useed when i seen a guy bring the fender twin and put it on the floor. had 399 price tag and i asked the manager what was wrong with it to be that cheap. he grabbed the price tag and said it was a misprint but he still had to honor the price. so i got a hell of a deal
maybe a bit off of your suggestion, but have you looked into a timmy? they are great if all you are doing to boost.

i don't use 'distortion' pedals, for a main tone, i would switch to a different amp. but

i either bring a second clean amp and a/b with a metal toned amp, or get an amp that has good OD but sacrifice the clean channel a bit.

i use a timmy on my mkiv and my nitro (just for the last few days on the nitro though). wakes them right the **** up.

if i were to look for a metal pedal i would look at one of the new bogner pedals. i am condidering getting one of these but it not on the high priority list.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Does anyone know if the noise gate on the tight metal works well. Or if it "blankets" the sound at all?