Hey, so I'm looking at the Ibanez RG920MQM. Anyone have one of these? I know for the price most people will suggest a Prestige but to be honest the Ibanez RG920MQM is still wayyy out of my price range. I plan on doing a payment plan because I cant really afford anything over 140.00 a month payment and I don't wanna wait and save up for months because I need something a little more comfortable and better sounding for Fusion/Fast jazz stuff. I have a Gibson LP 60s Tribute but the pickups and neck just aren't as versatile as Id like.

So, yeah anyone have one of these or played on one?

Let me know what you think.

Thanks.
Just another Sheep in the design of the Almighty Machine.

-GEAR-
Gibson 60s Les Paul Tribute (Sunburst)
1999 Ibanez RG470 (TitaniumIce-MIJ)
Jackson RR3 (Trans-Red)
Peavey 6505+
Podx3
Anyone?

-GEAR-
Jackson RR3 (Trans-Red)
Peavey 6505+
Podx3
Very nice to play, very nice guitar, I just find the price to close to some prestige, but you won't be disapointed
Jackson DK2FS
Fernandes FR-65

Morley pro series pedal
BBE two time Delay
Empress Nebulus
Subdecay Quantum Quasar
Solid Gold FX Nitro

Blackstar HT stage 100
Marshal 1922 2x12 (V-30, Greenback)
Quote by Heideck
Very nice to play, very nice guitar, I just find the price to close to some prestige, but you won't be disapointed

Ah, yeah. Thats what most people seem to say. I haven't gotten an exact answer from someone until now but when reading up most people say to just grab a Prestige for that price which is just as good if not better. Maybe I will just wait and save up that way I cant be disappointed.....right? haha.

Thanks for the response man. Appreciate it.

-GEAR-
Jackson RR3 (Trans-Red)
Peavey 6505+
Podx3
Good guitar, but it makes more sense (if you are able) to find a used Prestige. I shit you not I've seen very good condition RG1570s (and their pre-prestige counterpart, RG570s) sell for barely more than $300 and they're a generous step above that Premium (which isn't a bad guitar!).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
You can find easily used prestiges for less than that. That being said, I've tried out a few Premiums and they seemed to be very well built. I'm actually thinking about getting one.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Quote by oneblackened
Good guitar, but it makes more sense (if you are able) to find a used Prestige. I shit you not I've seen very good condition RG1570s (and their pre-prestige counterpart, RG570s) sell for barely more than $300 and they're a generous step above that Premium (which isn't a bad guitar!).

Hmmm, perhaps I'll keep an eye out for one of those.

Thanks for the suggestion!

-GEAR-
Jackson RR3 (Trans-Red)
Peavey 6505+
Podx3
There are a couple rg550s and 570s on guitar center used. If you keep a close watch on CL or eBay you might be able to snag them very cheap. I got mine for around $150. It has a lot of body blemishes but everything else works great. Great guitars!
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Charvel So Cal Pro Mod, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Anyone know of an RG prestige that has a maple fretboard and quilt-maple top? Because that is awesome guitar that has both of those.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
I know there is a S570 that has both. As for Prestiges, RG3270M. Good luck finding one!
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
The 920qm is fantastic. One of my students has one. Scope out my YouTube channel (same as my user name) for some videos of me playing it. The stock pickups were good, but now he's got Dimarzios in there and it sounds amazing!