Poll: Do you still play guitar?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you still play guitar?
Yes
133 74%
I still play guitar but not as much since joining UG
39 22%
I never played guitar
7 4%
Voters: 179.
Page 1 of 2
a bit
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
ye, loads. 3 years and runnin
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
I've always wondered if anyone would be surprised if I said "No, never."
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
I don't play as much anymore. I get a huge urge to play whenever I don't have a guitar with me and it usually lasts until about 20 minutes after I have access to a guitar again. This repeats over and over, and it's quite annoying.

Forza Juve

'e voglia 'e mettere rum, chi nasce strunz' nun po' addiventà babbà
I fiddle with it on occasion, but I haven't learned anything new in a long, long time. Many months to over a year probably.
ayy lmao
Yepper.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Yeah but probably only a few times a week.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
There should really be a "I used to but quit option"
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Barely. To the point where I wouldn't call myself a guitarist any more. I just own one and use it to write chords
Yes. It goes in waves for me. I'll play all the bloody time for a few months and then go for a month where I only play a few times a week
Uncle aciD

&

The deadbeatS

Do What Your Love Tells You
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

This. Your poll sucks.
Yep, but not as often as I'd like.

Thankfully it somehow still sticks with me, when I pick it back up it only takes me a day or two to relearn difficult songs like some Antoine Dufour or Phil Keaggy that took me weeks to learn in the past.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

This is why I didn't vote. Guitar is mostly boring now. Definitely not worth sitting down and practicing for hours on end.
Yes, but differently from before. I spend a lot less time playing metal and focusing on technical stuff (Although its still the main genre I listen to), and I spend a lot more time playing acoustic and clean stuff and learning to sing.
Haven't been able to work in over a month (due to a recent injury.) Been doing nothing but playing video game and guitar.
I still play electric but find myself gravitating towards the acoustic when I do play guitar, but lately I've become infatuated with the challenge of bettering my bass playing. I've been playing bass on and off for almost as long as guitar, but really getting into it has gotten me out of my musical slump and all the gained finger strength and theory that goes with bass has really helped my guitar playing.
Last edited by tukk04 at Jul 19, 2013,
Not nearly as much as I used to. Maybe 2-3 hours a week.
PM me for newts
All the time. ~9 years and counting.
Quote by R. Shackleford.
Glad to see the sex king getting some action I think it might be time for me to pull him out again tonight and take him for a spin around the rift.
Every Day. I'm in the process where I'm starting to write and record a few songs for an EP or maybe an album
Quote by naedauuf
Shit working 24 hours a week at $12 an hour makes me rich?

BOW BEFORE ME PEASANTS.
Quote by Meths
I've always wondered if anyone would be surprised if I said "No, never."

What made you come to this site?
Joined in 2006, been playing since 2005. I'm in a band right now and I don't expect it to actually GO anywhere but it feels pretty good to perform music I helped to write in front of people who are at least polite enough to act like they're enjoying it. All in all I don't regret starting to play guitar, if anything I regret not starting sooner and not playing more often, and overall I feel that it will continue to be a part of my identity for the rest of my life.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Last edited by GodofCheesecake at Jul 19, 2013,
Just about every day since 2005. Haven't ever really been in a legit band, but I have recently begun focusing more on acoustic writings, rather than trying to mimick Protest the Hero.
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Page 1 of 2