Any cool ideas to mount stomp-box pedals
without destroying the bottom labels or serial numbers?

I have two pedal boards, SKB-25 & SKB-55.
Many of my EHX MXR DOD & BOSS pedals are from the 1980s,
in near-mint to mint condition and desire to keep them that way.

Besides Velcor, any favorite ideas?

Thanks
How I do it is to route out little cavities in my board for the pedals to sit in and a front board that screws on and locks them into place. Requires some woodworking skills.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I've seen a similar thing but just with zip-ties. Not quite as secure but you just need a drill.
Bike chains. Take the links out individually and mount them on the bottom of the plate where the screws are. Non destructive to the pedal at all.

You'll have to drill into the board though.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
I put Velcro in a border around the label. Not sure why more people don't.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I use a combo of bike chain links and zip ties. The zip ties are only on pedals for which chain links wouldn't work (TC pedals have a big thumbscrew in the middle, my pitchblack doesn't have long enough screws). Both are fairly sturdy but annoying if you want to change things around.
Cut out a small square of velcro. Leave the film over the adhesive side. Take one of the screws out of the bottom of the pedal. Place the velcro square over the hole. Now screw the screw back in. That's what I did with my rat because of the awkwardness of the bottom of the enclosure. Works perfect and no adhesive was used
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by ibanezguitars44
Cut out a small square of velcro. Leave the film over the adhesive side. Take one of the screws out of the bottom of the pedal. Place the velcro square over the hole. Now screw the screw back in. That's what I did with my rat because of the awkwardness of the bottom of the enclosure. Works perfect and no adhesive was used

Wow, that's genius.

Some pedals don't have screws on the bottom though. =/
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by ibanezguitars44

I pretty much did the same, but i made cut outs of the bottom of my pedals out of cardboard to stick the velcro to for more coverage. Basla wood, thin metal, or anything else thin and light would work.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Eppicurt
Bike chains. Take the links out individually and mount them on the bottom of the plate where the screws are. Non destructive to the pedal at all.
You'll have to drill into the board though.

Thanks. I have read about this, and there are similar "figure 8"
parts available. But, don't you need a longer screw in some cases,
especially for Digitech or an Torx type screws?

This idea seems very secure.

Looks like DOD Ibanez BOSS EHX/Muff MXR will take this approach.
Only Digitech has sunken Torx issues, and I am selling those anyway.
Thanks.
Quote by ibanezguitars44

Thanks!!! This idea seems seems easy and outstanding!
Minimal effort, no drilling, etc.

The four corners hold pretty well, right?
Thanks again.
Quote by Cathbard
How I do it is to route out little cavities in my board for the pedals to sit in and a front board that screws on and locks them into place. Requires some woodworking skills.

Yes. A real commitment to your pedals and their placement - lol
But, your board must look cool. Do you pretty it up with some
carpet or psychedelic colors around the installed pedals?
Quote by &baconstrips
I use a combo of bike chain links and zip ties. The zip ties are only on pedals for which chain links wouldn't work (TC pedals have a big thumbscrew in the middle, my pitchblack doesn't have long enough screws). Both are fairly sturdy but annoying if you want to change things around.

Do the Zip Ties rub-off paint on the pedal-top?
Quote by Toppscore
Thanks!!! This idea seems seems easy and outstanding!
Minimal effort, no drilling, etc.

The four corners hold pretty well, right?
Thanks again.

I carry my pedalboard sideways by the handle and no pedals have ever fallen off hahaha
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Thanks, Ibanez.

I am going to try your idea.
Seems easiest and saves the bottom side from sticky glue.

Thanks to everyone else, as well.

I am off to pedalboard management.