So, simply put-- I just recently moved and I'm setting up my studio at the moment and the usb cable that came with my M-Audio Keystation 61es is waaaaaaaaaaaaay too short to use in my current setup; so I ordered a 15 foot cable off of newegg that fit perfectly; however it seems that it doesn't read my keyboard properly. It gives it power, but I can't use it for anything. So I'm pretty certain that means that there are different types of USB cables that I should be searching for. What type of usb cable am i looking for here?
Nope. Not that I know of. I use a generic USB cable for my Alesis QX25 that I was using with a printer before that. Might just be a bad cable
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Nope. Not that I know of. I use a generic USB cable for my Alesis QX25 that I was using with a printer before that. Might just be a bad cable

Jesus, what a pain.
USB audio stuff uses Type B USB connectors (the square with the chopped off corners) to Type A (normal USB) but that's it. If the cable fits it should function unless there's a dead port on one end or the cables dodgy. Does it work with the other cable? if it does (using the same ports for both cables) then the problem is with your cable. Otherwise try something else in that USB port on the computer, or try another USB port.
USB is USB. I've used USB cables from my printer & portable hard drives on my old interface and Axiom 49 before. They don't make a difference
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
ok so i just went through $25 and three usb cables and none of them work on any of my usb slots. They all just give the "Device not recognized" error. Tried with the original USB A/B cable that the keyboard came with and it works perfectly. Any ideas?
It might be to do with the length. USB has a maximum length of 16ft, so if you're going 15ft that's very close to the limit and some cables may not function at that length. I would maybe consider an active usb extension cable, then use the one that has been working with the extension.
If it says device not recognized... Did you install the drivers...?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com