I might get a used '97 mij dk2 or a blue dkmg. I haven't played either and can't at my local guitar center but I love jacksons and I'm wondering which one is better quality, they are both selling for around $400 used
If actually you did your research, you'd know that the only significant differences between them are that the DKMG has different inlays, reverse headstock and EMG's. The DK2 has HSS Duncans stock.

They're both MIJ pro series Jacksons, thus essentially the same guitar outside of those differences.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jul 20, 2013,
An SL3 has a better trem stock, so yes.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
^ also neck-thru- and in my (very limited) experience, i thought the neck-thru japanese jacksons were a step-up from the bolt-on ones (which are still pretty nice).

it's probably also worth pointing out that only the newer (post 2006) japanese-made sl3 has the better trem.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Recommended threads
Poll: DK2M vs DKMG
Incesim
Last post:
by stratdud39
Jackson DK2
FatStrat890
Last post:
by Rick540