Page 1 of 2
So yesterday I got my Technic Star Wars Destroyer Droid, and while building it I wondered if any people in the pit still enjoy Legos. Tell me everything from your favrite sets when you were a kid to when and how you play nowadays etc.

Also, link to my Lego photo album on fb:
https://www.facebook.com/henri.vaenerberg/media_set?set=a.128284964048590.1073741829.100006012606903&type=1
Quote by Anthropocentric
Your balls. You lost the right to them. Hand them over.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What kind of person needs to have a Flying V shoved up their vagina?

Join The 7-String Legion! Now!
I had jumbo blocks.

Deal with it.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
I have almost the entire Lego "City" collection.

Probably going to sell them, not sure what i'd get for them. There's a comic store near me that buys and sells Lego's in bulk but not actual "sets" that are put together, so I hesitate. Not sure i'd get what I wanted for them.

Seems like some of the specialty Lego "figures" are what are really in demand. I've got a lot of figures, too. Might just see what I can get from selling those. They are all just gathering dust.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

There's a special level in Hell reserved for people who say 'Legos'.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by mystical_1
I have almost the entire Lego "City" collection.

Probably going to sell them, not sure what i'd get for them. There's a comic store near me that buys and sells Lego's in bulk but not actual "sets" that are put together, so I hesitate. Not sure i'd get what I wanted for them.

Seems like some of the specialty Lego "figures" are what are really in demand. I've got a lot of figures, too. Might just see what I can get from selling those. They are all just gathering dust.

You can get incredible amounts from good quality complete sets. Check via lego.com under building instructions what the set numbers are and search on ebay what other people are selling them for. As long as they are discontinued models, from earlier than 2010 probably, you can almost certainly get double the price you bought them for.
Quote by Anthropocentric

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

Quote by Todd Hart
There's a special level in Hell reserved for people who say 'Legos'.

I'm sorry, english is not my native language, I've mainly learned it from watching movies, and I haven't seen any movies where they played with Lego.
Quote by Anthropocentric

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

I played with lego like all day, everyday when I was really young. Had some K'Nex and Meccano but it wasn't as good.

My favourite sets were an space shuttle one and this cool Technic car that kinda steers like a Warthog from Halo. I actually modified it to look one later on as well.

I still have all my Lego somewhere and will either give it to my kids or sell them. Hopefully the kids option so they enjoy it as much as I did.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
I'm a scouser and i've never played with Meccano before.

Deal with it.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
"legos" is the proper term, guys.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Quote by ryan_nadon

Only if you dribble while you sleep.
lol. Go back to English class, bro.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by lexanirider78

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

I played with legos all the time growing up but not anymore. Built race cars and raced with friends on downhill tracks and built star fighters like star fox

I add the s cause here in America **** you.
Quote by DukeDeRox
I played with legos all the time growing up but not anymore. Built race cars and raced with friends on downhill tracks and built star fighters like star fox

I add the s cause here in America **** you.

This guy gets it.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by lexanirider78

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

Quote by ryan_nadon

I bet you have to wash your pillow every night.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG

Oh the nostalgia

I had that one! I was so young that its taken this picture to remember I had it!
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Quote by ryan_nadon

According to the official Lego FAQ: its "Lego bricks".
Anyway, I stopped buying it when I was around 15, mainly because I had no room to put models anywhere. So I busted them all up and now I have 3 big boxes of it in storage. I remember having this entire UFO set in the late 90's, I had this huge mothership that opened up and was held together with little magnets. God that thing was cool.

There was also this western set with a jail cell that you could put this dynamite piece in that would trigger a spring and a piece of the jail wall would pop out.

Wow... thanks for sparking up awesome memories! Cheers.
Quote by ryan_nadon

Time to hit you with some knowledge:

LEGO as a noun refers only to the company. LEGO can also be used as an adjective, e.g. LEGO bricks or LEGO pieces. You don't say 'oh hey, look at all my Coca-Colas!' do you?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Time to hit you with some knowledge:

LEGO as a noun refers only to the company. LEGO can also be used as an adjective, e.g. LEGO bricks or LEGO pieces. You don't say 'oh hey, look at all my Coca-Colas!' do you?

It's also a French verb.
I still have mine but don't ever build anything, I just scatter them in my garden to keep the crackheads out.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
As in 'Zat seely Eenglish man made me lego of my baguette?'

So did you get a 2.1 or a first in French?
if i had the space for it, (like an entire empty room) i'd like to build a whole city.

i actually had a little town on top of my dresser until about midway through high school and i just had to give it all to my brother to make room for the piles of shit i own.

i'm currently trying to bulk sell all my legos on ebay right now. i've got something like 10 lbs sorted already and another 10-15 i have to clean up.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I actually invented French. Not many people know that.

It's surprising the French hide that information from people; I mean it's odd that they'd so render their history to try to run away from this fact.
So this is what happens in Finland?
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
if you guys wanna have a laugh, watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdDU_BBJW9Y

it's like a bad Pixar film about the history of Lego.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by Redsectoreh
According to the official Lego FAQ: its "Lego bricks".
Anyway, I stopped buying it when I was around 15, mainly because I had no room to put models anywhere. So I busted them all up and now I have 3 big boxes of it in storage. I remember having this entire UFO set in the late 90's, I had this huge mothership that opened up and was held together with little magnets. God that thing was cool.

Oh. Look at my awesome Lego bricks I've built this incredibly cool stuff with. I really wanted those UFO stuff when I was a kid. They were like the coolest sets ever. All I got from that series was this little trike with like 15 pieces though.
Quote by eGraham
So this is what happens in Finland?

Only a few times a year. When I have a 100-150€ I don't find better use for really.
Quote by Anthropocentric

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

I still building shit with Lego. Only pirate oriented stuff though. I have been using knock off brands for a bit. Just as good as Lego and cheaper.
Gear:
Dean RC7X (Bareknuckle Coldsweat pickups)
Ibanez Rg2570Z (Bareknuckle Juggernaughts)
Schecter KM-6
Schecter Hellraiser Hybrid 7 String
Engl Powerball II
Orange PPC412
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by amonamarthmetal
I still building shit with Lego. Only pirate oriented stuff though. I have been using knock off brands for a bit. Just as good as Lego and cheaper.

Megablox =/= Legos.

the instructions don't make sense and the bricks don't stick together properly.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Megablox =/= Legos.

the instructions don't make sense and the bricks don't stick together properly.

f.uck megablocks. I'm talking about Enlighten.
Gear:
Schecter KM-6
Engl Powerball II
Orange PPC412
Line 6 Pod HD500X
never heard of those, but as long as you're not talking about Megablox in a positive manner, we're cool.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
never heard of those, but as long as you're not talking about Megablox in a positive manner, we're cool.

They are literally just like Lego. But lower quality plastic.
Gear:
Schecter KM-6
Engl Powerball II
Orange PPC412
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Page 1 of 2