Not that sad. They were all acoustics.
Gear:
Dean RC7X (Bareknuckle Coldsweat pickups)
Ibanez Rg2570Z (Bareknuckle Juggernaughts)
Schecter KM-6
Schecter Hellraiser Hybrid 7 String
Engl Powerball II
Orange PPC412
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I see that daily at work. We scrap out about 30-50% of the guitars we make, before they get to final.

Still sad to see them go. Some of the guitars scrapped at work look like there's nothing wrong with them.
some of them look like Epiphone's. What up with the lizard on the fretboard on the 3 left top corner?
If there's an upside to this, it's that at least many of the 'guitars' were ukuleles.....!

Quote by Craziork
...[ ]...What up with the lizard on the fretboard on the 3 left top corner?
Wasn't Jim Morrison supposed to be the 'lizard king'? Did he play ukulele?
Last edited by Captaincranky at Jul 28, 2013,
if that were at the Dean factory, i'd open a beer and celebrate.
need more gear and a lot more talent(courtesytuxs)
I undertand the why of it, but it still seems wasteful, though. I'd be surprised if all of that was completely unsalvageable. If nothing else, they could have been donated to luthiers or lutherie classes for parts or training purposes.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Scrap rate is a commonly used indicator of a company's quality assurance program. As a general rule, the higher the final product scrap rate, the less robust the QA program.

That being said, with no point of reference numbers there's no way of knowing if this is good or bad.

Although admittedly it looks bad...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by dannyalcatraz
I undertand the why of it, but it still seems wasteful, though. I'd be surprised if all of that was completely unsalvageable. If nothing else, they could have been donated to luthiers or lutherie classes for parts or training purposes.

Danny !!! you're alive ! guess i can call the dogs in fron sniffing thru the texas scrub brush for you.
id have a field day digging through that to see if there were any parts or just anything that was still salvagable.
Quote by b56748
id have a field day digging through that to see if there were any parts or just anything that was still salvagable.
What usable parts could there possibly be? The pile is half broken ukuleles, and there's not a tuning machine in sight.
Quote by Captaincranky
What usable parts could there possibly be? The pile is half broken ukuleles, and there's not a tuning machine in sight.

anything really, it wouldnt hurt to look.
i could what's left. fall is coming soon and firewood gets expensive !
Rather than scrapping them, why not give them to charity? Take the name off the headstock then there's no risk to he company's reputation. It just seems terribly wasteful to me.
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

"I won't waste my love on a nation" BRMC
And now a public service reality check brought to you by
Captaincranky
Quote by RubberSoul54321
Rather than scrapping them, why not give them to charity? Take the name off the headstock then there's no risk to he company's reputation. It just seems terribly wasteful to me.
So are Lincoln "Navigators" and Cadillac "Escalades". But, mankind will be mankind, and US citizens will always do their best to waste the most.
Sucks tho. There was a campaign a while back where Billy Bragg and Mick Jones tried to encourage prisoners (convicts, whatever) to turn to music. It was called Jailhouse Rock and it worked. Give these sub-standard guitars to the prisoners. Or Oxfam - whatever tickles your fancy.
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

"I won't waste my love on a nation" BRMC