A local guitar shop has a used left handed Ibanez Prestige RG1570. I've always wanted an Ibanez and the owner offered it to me for $700 with a case and a complete setup. I think that's a fair price, but I wanted to hear other people's opinions on it too. I've done some internet searches and there is one used left handed on eBay for $579 + $50 shipping, but then I would likely have to pay to have it set up (I'm not ok with doing it myself). $700 would be a little more, but with the piece of mind that I've seen, held and played the one I'll be getting from the store.

Any thoughts on this? Things I should look for? I have the serial number but I'm not sure how to look up info about the guitar using it (a Google search turned up nothing).

Thanks in advance, I appreciate any constructive advice/info you can give me.
Not to sure about left handed 1570s but I have seen used right handed ones going for anywhere from 400-500 USD. Depending on the condition that might not be a bad deal especially if they are doing the set up for you. Others might be able to weigh in a little more. While on topic, you might see if you can find an older RG550/570 which are great guitars.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Thanks for the info! Is there a good source for comparing different models of Ibanez guitars?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?