How difficult would it be to replace a PRS SE Custom 22's stock tremolo with a Floyd Rose?
...extremely! You would need to drill new stud inserts (there are none with the stock bridge). Then probably need to reroute the body cavity to allow the floyd to even fit. Then not to mention installing the locking nut which would probably throw of the intonation of the guitar. All-in-all, something only a luthier should attempt and it will be pretty costly. My advice would be, buy a prs that comes with a floyd.
Quote by conor1423
...extremely! You would need to drill new stud inserts (there are none with the stock bridge). Then probably need to reroute the body cavity to allow the floyd to even fit. Then not to mention installing the locking nut which would probably throw of the intonation of the guitar. All-in-all, something only a luthier should attempt and it will be pretty costly. My advice would be, buy a prs that comes with a floyd.

I don't agree at all.

The stud holes will have to be widened on the outer 2 only (this does require making sure the FR matches these)

Installing a locking nut is simple. take the old nut off. make sure the nut is the right size. Put nut on guitar mark holes. Drill holes and install bolts. Nut is done.

yes if you want the FR recessed you will have some issues, but you can flush mount a FR very easy.

I do think getting a FR equipped SE Torero might be the better option here.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate