I have an Epiphone les paul 100. It costs 250 new at guitar center. I got it for 150 but didn't know it had problems. 3 of the tone knobs don't work. The switch has a bad connection (you kind of have to wiggle it to get it to play). Cosmetically it just has a chip near the edge of the backplate and the tip of the headstock has a little warp in the paint. Other than that its in perfect condition. 1)How much could I get selling this guitar to a local shop as-is. 2)How much would it be to get it repaired?
Nothing really.

Keep it and learn to sew
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Last edited by lucky1978 at Jul 21, 2013,
I know how to solder but when I opened it up, I couldn't see any disconnected wires.
Donate it. There a lot of younger kids who would love to have one donate to school or church

I don't think that anyone would give you $40. Fix it up but that is not going any real profitable.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
Donate it. There a lot of younger kids who would love to have one donate to school or church

I don't think that anyone would give you $40. Fix it up but that is not going any real profitable.

+1,000. Very good idea
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Sounds like the perfect time to learn how to do guitar wiring. Rip it all out, (unsolder all the connections ) and start from scratch. Get some wiring diagrams and have at it.

This will save you headaches as well as $$$ down the road. A skill every guitarist should have. Plus if you decide to still sell it. You will get twice what you could with bad wiring. May still only be $40 though
Last edited by D_M_I at Jul 21, 2013,
Quote by D_M_I
Sounds like the perfect time to learn how to do guitar wiring. Rip it all out, (unsolder all the connections ) and start from scratch. Get some wiring diagrams and have at it.

This will save you headaches as well as $$$ down the road. A skill every guitarist should have. Plus if you decide to still sell it. You will get twice what you could with bad wiring. May still only be $40 though

+1

www.guitarelectronics.com has great guides
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
3 tone knobs? Last I checked, mine only had two...anyways I guess it's more of a stroke of luck to get any money back from that guitar. It's a pretty low class guitar and only a guitar newbie would probably consider getting one. I got lucky and ended up selling mine for $80, even though the neck pickup was broken and that the guy didn't even test it out on an amp.
Current/Main Gear
'06 MIA Fender Stratocaster
'97 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Lim. Ed.
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Sounds like you need to break out the soldering gun or you might not be able to get more than about $20 from it. If you fix it probably $100. Good opportunity to learn how to work on guitar wiring...or find a friend that wants to take a shot.

It is possible the jack is just bad and that will fix everything...or a pot could've gone out as well. No way to tell until you open it up.
Quote by jacktj98
I know how to solder but when I opened it up, I couldn't see any disconnected wires.

Every solder joint could be cold, and nothing would "look" wrong. You need to get in there and reflow all of those connections. I bet I could have it good as new in 20 mins.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Test the pots as well. I have picked up two, one with several (in either $20 and maybe $30 it
Wa s a series of guitars i photographs .

All it takes is a minute or two for the pots

Check the grounds.

If you are going to replace the pots may as well go for a switch and jacks.

For pots i like bournes. If you wanted you could spend few bucks on upgrade the tone caps.

You could go cheap and just do the wiring fix.

Don't sell it to off on a pawn shop. Put it on CL or eBay
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/