Yes. Only if you want the different types of outputs though, otherwise, just get an HD500.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
They're definitely worth it, obviously it's competitors are the Axe FX 2 however for the price you get a great bit of kit.
Id hold off a bit, Line6 just announced the hd500x. I'm sure they will be doing the same thing to the pro.
Unless you want all those different I/O's for recording, than no. Most people don't, but of course I don't know what your recording situation is.

You can get the POD HD Desktop for $400, except it doesn't have an expression pedal, and it has a few less I/O's than the HD 500 and Pro. It should be noted that they just released the HD 500x which has more processing power and some fancier looking footswitches, so you should be able to get the regular 500 for cheaper.

Also, have you tried any of the POD HD's in person yet?
Last edited by SharpSpoon at Jul 21, 2013,
Quote by GuitarFreak1387
Id hold off a bit, Line6 just announced the hd500x. I'm sure they will be doing the same thing to the pro.

Maybe not. I get the feeling that the Pro didn't sell very well.

Fingers crossed though.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I was going to put it into a rack setup with a power amp etc that goes into a 2x12.
RIP Tom Searle.