I was wondering if there is much point in buying a distortion effects pedal if I own a Marshall dsl 40c to get like a Metallica metal sound??
Last edited by Rick_Bailey88 at Jul 21, 2013,
You might want to get a tubescreamer-esque pedal to boost the preamp and tighten the sound, but I'm not totally familiar with your amp so I can't say for sure.
Rat.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
^^ +1 (or an sd1). Especially if you're after an older metallica type of tone.

^ yeah they used a rat on kill em all, didn't they? probably worth a try.

other thing is, if you're trying to get a more modern metallica type of tone, a mesa-in-a-box type pedal (or even just an eq pedal) might be worth considering.

if you haven't swapped the speaker yet, that would likely be worth considering, too. it won't make you instantly sound like metallica (though some speakers will be better aimed at that tone than others), but it'll make everything sound "better".
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jul 21, 2013,
Yeh going for mainly old metallica sound I wouldn't have a clue what to do on an eq pedal lol haven't got much knowledge with this sort of stuff I guess it could just come up to trial and error and to personal opinion
if you're after older metallica you should be able to get it out of a dsl, i'd have thought. get an od (say a bad monkey or boss sd1), maybe a rat (or cheaper clone), and maybe think about swapping the speaker.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?