Shit, guys...this is the real deal. 9GB of untreated samples, up to 25 velocity layers, standalone Kontakt Player, thousands of MIDI grooves, beautiful custom acrylic kit, recorded with great mics through an SSL E-series.

We're talking sound quality on par with Superior/BFD/Addictive here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9FJ55eMjYA

Site is in German but it's easy enough to get downloaded and activated:
http://de-de.sennheiser.com/service-support/drummica

As usual, the NI Service Center is an annoying pain in the arse but the standalone Kontakt Player works well.

Honestly, this could be a total game-changer for a lot of home studio guys, it's certainly a lot better than EZDrummer to my ears. However, the samples are pretty raw and need to be mixed like a real kit, they're kinda flat to begin with.
I'm tempted even I already have Slate... a raw set of drums could be very useful.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
I saw this on Reddit this morning but didn't think anything of it. Just figured it was another bunch of free samples.

Watching that video has made me interested though, 9gb of practically raw drum sounds? Yes please. It's gonna be a nice change to have some raw samples to mix giving us more flexibility.

I haven't checked it out fully yet but is there multiple microphones used for each piece that you can choose from? I'm presuming they're all Sennhesier mics.
Quote by ChemicalFire
I'm tempted even I already have Slate... a raw set of drums could be very useful.

Same here....I've got Superior with the Music City expansion (so good that when I posted raw stems on the mixing contest here nobody clocked that it was fake)

But I'm having a good play with it now, I think it's well worth keeping for the space it takes up. I really hate Kontakt for drum libraries though, it's what stopped me buying the Analogue Drums stuff too.

Quote by dannycasevnx
I saw this on Reddit this morning but didn't think anything of it. Just figured it was another bunch of free samples.

Watching that video has made me interested though, 9gb of practically raw drum sounds? Yes please. It's gonna be a nice change to have some raw samples to mix giving us more flexibility.

I haven't checked it out fully yet but is there multiple microphones used for each piece that you can choose from? I'm presuming they're all Sennhesier mics.

Ah yeah, that was my post on Reddit too. I've been spreading the word because it's a hell of a useful package for a freebie but the German-only launch means it hasn't had any attention yet.
Last edited by kyle62 at Jul 21, 2013,
Quote by kyle62

Ah yeah, that was my post on Reddit too. I've been spreading the word because it's a hell of a useful package for a freebie but the German-only launch means it hasn't had any attention yet.

Well I appreciate you bringing it to my attention... twice
Are there a lot of different hits/layers for each sample? Because if so, I may download to make some of my own .tci sample instruments for Slate Trigger.

Good find, btw!
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Haven't been on there, but I speak German - what do you want to translate?

Edit: Nevermind, I'll click the link and tell you what to do
Ok, on the left, click 'Jetzt downloaded' ('Download now', basically).

Then on the next page, same again for your OS.

Edit: And yes, on the right it says that you need to register to have unlimited free use of it, whereas the download link is limited until you authorise it with an activation code they'll e-mail to you
Yeah, you register through the link on the right of the original link kyle posted, by answering the questions, and then they'll e-mail you an activation code, which you presumably enter after installing the plug-in and then opening it in your DAW and finding an option to 'activate' it.
The first question is "Did you know about drummica' previously?" and if you toggle the bit on the left to 'On', it means "Yes, I know the tool". And then there are options for how you heard about it, so just choose the top one "Friends/word of mouth".
This makes me happy, I'll now have two decent sounding virtual kits (this and Big Mono). If Kontakt is a pain like usual I may even try making a shortcircuit map for it (that'd be more convenient for me because I could swap between this and Big Mono in the one plugin). Thanks for the heads up!
Stop using whatever archaic browser you have that can't auto-translate a page, and download Chrome, yo.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
"Plz/Ort"? what.
I guess that's an address, combined with "Strasse" above it ("platz"/"ort"), but what goes where?
Quote by MatrixClaw
Stop using whatever archaic browser you have that can't auto-translate a page, and download Chrome, yo.

Yes, I'm sure Chrome can also tell me the format for addresses in Germany automatically.
Last edited by Cavalcade at Jul 21, 2013,
Quote by Cavalcade
Yes, I'm sure Chrome can also tell me the format for addresses in Germany automatically.

For what purpose?

You can put a US address in it and it translates it well enough for you to understand everything quite easily
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
For what purpose?

Scroll up. It might be a good idea to go back to the OP.
But anyway, I figured it out well enough to guess the format, and now I've got a key. I think. The download is sporadic at best, though. There's no way I'm getting all 4.7 GB through an HTTP connection. I might see if Chrome has better download management.
E: Waaait a second. If I'm reading this correctly, they'll ship DVDs for free. I'm skeptical about shipping costs, though.
Last edited by Cavalcade at Jul 21, 2013,
Quote by Cavalcade
Scroll up. It might be a good idea to go back to the OP.

Still confused.

Hit "Translate German" at top of Chrome, click register and followed instructions, as translated in English. Activate your account from email they send and log in. Click your account name at the top and request an activation code. Download the zip file, install it where you want it and then allow it to run Service Center after the install. Plug in the activation code Sennheiser gave you when you logged into your account and you're done, yo! Pretty easy to follow, even if the translation isn't spot on. Chrome
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Thanks!

It's was pretty nice from Sennheiser too developing this instead of a nw website or something
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Just to confirm, you can install and use it in Demo Mode without going through any of the registration stuff...so plenty of chance to decide if you like it first.

I'm super-impressed with Sennheiser here, great bit of marketing. Shame there's no U47 option for overheads though.

EDIT: Also, if you got frustrated by not being able to drag MIDI grooves straight into your DAW I just discovered you can, you can drag the clip that you're currently previewing from the little box by the play button.
Last edited by kyle62 at Jul 22, 2013,
REALLY like the room samples on this. Blends really well with SSD CLA... but I hate that snare
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Cavalcade
I'm still waiting on the download Fourth time I've had to restart it because it cut off prematurely. It looks like the traffic has dissipated a bit, though.

Mine took 12 minutes in one go yesterday but I guess it's getting more popular now. I could probably make a torrent without it pissing Senny off, since it's freeware and you still need to visit their site to get a license.
Not sure what the hell I just signed up for but its downloading. Looks like its going to take 7 hours for me :AngryFace:

Sennheiser knows their shit so I expect good things but not to completely blow me away since its free.

REALLY like the room samples on this. Blends really well with SSD CLA... but I hate that snare

I think this sold me. Gonna be fun to experiment with
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
EDIT:

F the activation you need to sign in with a NI Account, but sign in on the sennheiser account for the serial. (for you who have difficulties)

Downloaded it, gone through the process.

Nice samples, nice performing, everything is mapped twice on adjecent keys for fills and performance emulation.

Open hi hats cut off with a nice (fast) decay when u hit a closed one, not just a instant mute.

Just gone through the process, and if they are the same drum samples, then the mic options are super nice, didn't know you could get so many different natural sounds out of one kit like this.

Some are obviously shitty (Drum n bass few other), but I never demotivate an open minded experiment

Always inspiring to work some new drums, and the layers are quite good.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Jul 22, 2013,
Quote by Cavalcade
I'm still waiting on the download Fourth time I've had to restart it because it cut off prematurely. It looks like the traffic has dissipated a bit, though.

If you're having problems like that get a download manager (I like Download Accelerator Plus) that has a resume function, that's how I did it. My internet likes to drop out so I think I'd die if I didn't have resume-able downloads.
I downloaded it last night, no errors but it was only 450 meg and won't open so I guess I'll try again, my internet is only 512k though so it's a total pain, I said it would take 30 hrs or so. Sounds great from the demos though

I'll try getting the download manager first
Last edited by Tempoe at Jul 23, 2013,
Quote by Tempoe
I downloaded it last night, no errors but it was only 450 meg and won't open so I guess I'll try again, my internet is only 512k though so it's a total pain, I said it would take 30 hrs or so. Sounds great from the demos though

I'll try getting the download manager first

on that speed it's almost necessary to have a manager, it means you can pause and resume at will. I use mine to pause any downloads until I get to university so I can do it on their data usage
I love you all. Downloading now. Also — MatrixClaw, when the hell did you get promoted?
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by FrustratedRocka
I love you all. Downloading now. Also — MatrixClaw, when the hell did you get promoted?

Over a year ago, I do believe
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Sounds fantastic!

As far as the snares.... love 'em or hate 'em, they both sound good. They just might not be what you would personally choose. I'm sure you could pick another one in any given kit.

I have been very pleased with every Sennheiser product I've ever encountered.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.