So I'm gonna get myself a looper and I believe the RC-300 is the one I want.

I don't know very much about pedals so please be kind!

The question I have is:
Can you put more than one loop per pedal? So you can have for example three loops running on pedal 1, three on pedal 2 and three on pedal 3?

If yes, is there a limit to how many loops you can have per pedal?
If no, damn..
Quote by Visual382
So I'm gonna get myself a looper and I believe the RC-300 is the one I want.

I don't know very much about pedals so please be kind!

The question I have is:
Can you put more than one loop per pedal? So you can have for example three loops running on pedal 1, three on pedal 2 and three on pedal 3?

If yes, is there a limit to how many loops you can have per pedal?
If no, damn..

from boss's site:

Three stereo tracks with dedicated footswitches and controls for each
Dedicated fader per track
Expression pedal for effects control in real time
Up to three hours of internal recording and 99 onboard memories
16 onboard effects optimized for looping
XLR Microphone input with phantom power
USB storage; import/export WAV files

the rc-300 provides three stereo tracks. these tracks should have independent volume and on/off control. you can stop or start or record on any of these 3 tracks.

now within each track you can also layer sound-on-sound. the rc-300 uses digital audio to record the loops so it doesn't take up more 'time' to record one sound with another, it just merges the sounds onto one track.

it looks like the rc-300 can handle up to 3 hours of loops on there, this means you could have something like an hour long song using all 3 tracks.

furthermore you can record tracks elsewhere and import them onto the RC-300 via usb.

so yes, you can have more than one loop per pedal (technically you could have infinite loops per pedal), but when they are all on one pedal you loose independent volume control. so you may have infinite loops on one track, but you don't have infinite editing capabilities.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae