I recieved by trade a 1993 Jackson JTX.

It's MIJ, has an ash body and a maple 1-piece neck that is a lot thinner than a normal Jackson neck, and a maple fretboard. It has a JT580 trem, Bartolini pups (H/S), a 3 way pup selector, volume knob and coil splitting switch.

Is it normal for a JT580 to be terrible at keeping tune, or a setup problem? I don't think the locking nuts are aligned properly, it doesn't have a string retainer, and the 3rd locking nut screw won't screw tight. If I fix all that, will it still not keep tune? (I'm new to trems).

Serial number on a sticker at the back: J 000534

Apart from the trem suckiness, it's an all-round great-playing guitar. The Bartolinis sound great and versatile, the neck is very shreddy and that maple neck has a nice snappiness to it (or is that the ash? I'm also new to that wood). And don't get me started on that trans purple finish

That dice sticker is sticky so you can stick your picks to it. I'm probably gonna replace it with a bat or a babe or something once I figure out where to buy them from.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Last edited by jjfeu662 at Jul 21, 2013,
Couldnt tell you about Bartolini.
First, check the locking nut. Rotate them if they're gouged or anything like that. Next check the floyd itself. Check the locks to make sure they're tight so the string isn't slipping out. If they're new strings on that guitar, you're just going to have to deal with that one.

Great looking axe though.
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Bartolini makes really nice bass pickups. I didn't know they made guitar pickups as well.

As for your trem problems, that's indicative of a shitty LFR. Did you set it up yourself when you got it? Have you put new strings on it?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I did try to tune it using the stickied instructions. It was in tune for a minute. Other than that I've literally had it for 2 hours so didn't get a chance to do anything fancy.

And it's one of those obscure early 90s Professionals. It was discontinued in '95 I think.
Far from home
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Last edited by jjfeu662 at Jul 21, 2013,
that looks awesome Love the finish. Looks like ash, fwiw (the obvious grain is the giveaway- though if it's made in japan it could well be sen which has a similar grain).

and yeah either your trem isn't set up properly or the trem itself is shot. from what i hear (i haven't tried it myself), it should be a direct swap for an OFR.

and yeah bartolinis are pickups. they're an aftermarket pickup brand. Never tried them.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Dear god that's awesome! I play a Tele Deluxe, but it's more of a rock guitar, I'd love to get something like this for playing metal.

I must embark upon a heroes journey to find this guitar in a less ostentacious colour with a rosewood fretboard.
Vinland, Vinland Über Alles

"Why do they still call me a warlord? And mad? All I want to do is create the perfect genetic soldier!"
Quote by EqualOfHeaven
Dear god that's awesome! I play a Tele Deluxe, but it's more of a rock guitar, I'd love to get something like this for playing metal.

I must embark upon a heroes journey to find this guitar in a less ostentacious colour with a rosewood fretboard.

The STD version has 2 single-coils and rosewood. Good luck finding one though.
Far from home
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Edited the text of the OP because I feel like it.

Also where do you get those sticky pick-holder stickers?
Far from home
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Quote by jjfeu662
Edited the text of the OP because I feel like it.

Also where do you get those sticky pick-holder stickers?

Not sure if I'll be able to post it or not, but I'll try anyway. I'll message you it if it doesn't work here.

http://www.inlaystickers.com/servlet/the-Pick-Holder/Categories

Always love some Tele's even though they aren't my first choice
HNGD
Ibanez
Universe UV777 Signed by Steve Vai
Prestige RG2027X with Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
RG7621 swirled
Prestige RG1420
AEL207E
yeah i mean if the locking nut isn't locking properly, that's not gonna help matters. it may well still not hold tune if you got that fixed, but that could well be causing some of your problems, too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I got it to lock properly.

Apparently they're new strings too, that might be the problem.
Far from home
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
yeah stretch them in
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
So when I divebomb with the whammy bar, the tuning of the 6th string goes from E to D#. Then when I pull up, it goes back to E. Does that mean it needs stretching more? I don't have the problem with the rest of the strings.
Far from home
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
i have a vague recollection of reading that that means something. I can't remember what, though Have you tried the floyd rose info thread? there's a lot of info there, and people who are better at setups than me who'll help you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?