I just plugged into jam a bit, and my Classic 30 isn't making a sound. It was working fine an hour ago. I noticed a bit of a wobbly sound once while playing earlier and thought that it was strange. It went away, and I didn't think anything else about it.

What's wrong?

EDIT! : I switched the ends of the guitar cable I was using, and it magically started working. So, what's up with my cable? There is an annoying rattle in the amp too.
Last edited by CalculusWizard at Jul 21, 2013,
I'd say its a broken/loose wire within the cable.

I would just pick up a new cable, if I were you.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
Tube amp combo's are prone to a bit of rattle due to having a speaker right next to the tubes. I would re-seat all your tubes and see if that helps to start off with.

Not sure what year your C30 was made but I know when I had mine I had to invest in a tube tamer to stop the rattle, I think the new ones come with some kind of sponge to stop power tube rattle.

Just lastly it wouldn't hurt to have some spare tubes that you can swap with as it could also be a microphonic tube causing this.
Get toms tube tamer. I used it when I had a classic 30, the rattle was really bugging me, worked great.
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal