Hey guys. I just purchased my first electric guitar the other day and it should be at my house sometime this week. My friend gave me his old Digitech RP200A. It doesn't have a 9VAC power supply so I'd have to buy one for $15-20 (cheapest I could find online).
I was wondering if the Digitech RP200A is good enough to do bedroom jammin, sunday performance for church, and maybe some recording. I don't really know much about the pedal or how it sounds so I wanted to ask you guys for advice and whether or not I should buy a new Multi-fx unit.

So if that's the case, then here's some info:

Budget: $200 or less

Genres: I'd say mostly in the rock genre. Maybe metal here and there. Also funk/funk rock is what I'd play too. Artists like Hillsong, Lincoln Brewster, Panetshakers, and Starfield for church. At home I'd play to Skillet, Switchfoot, One OK Rock, and RHCP. So I guess I'd mainly need some decent clean tones, distortion/overdrive, and delay(?)

New or Used: Used, of course

Home or Gig: Both. The only live performance would be for church.

Closest City: Tampa, FL

Current Gear: Agile AL-2000, Digitech RP200A, Line 6 Spider II 30watt. At church, the signal chain is Guitar -> Effect pedal(s) -> Presound 16.0.2 -> Speakers. We used to use the Line 6 amp, but to us it sounds better when the guitars are connected to the mixer.

Also I was wondering if it would be more cost effective to just get individual pedals. I was thinking maybe not, but I don't really know much about pedals.
Thanks for any help in advance!
Bass gear:
-Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass
-Fender Rumble 15 Amp

Guitar Gear:
-Agile AL-2000
-Boss Tu-3 Tuner -> Joyo Vintage Overdrive -> Joyo Vintage Ultimate Overdrive -> Ernie Ball MVP -> TC Nova Repeater
I was thinking of the XT Live too. I've seen some for ~$200 used.

Thanks
Bass gear:
-Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass
-Fender Rumble 15 Amp

Guitar Gear:
-Agile AL-2000
-Boss Tu-3 Tuner -> Joyo Vintage Overdrive -> Joyo Vintage Ultimate Overdrive -> Ernie Ball MVP -> TC Nova Repeater
Last edited by itzkpanda at Jul 22, 2013,