Hey guys, currently running my splawn nitro through elmwood 4x12 V30's (only using 2 speakers at 8 ohms)

Can you recommend a 2x12 to match with the splawn?
I am thinking orange 2x12

Suggestions with thanks
If you want V30s any of the big names will get you there. Orange, Mesa, Engl. Basically all the same thing. Just get whatever's cheaper.

The Marshall 1936V is usually cheap, it's a bit smaller of a cab though, slightly less bass.

Ditto with Avatar.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Ippon
Why not the Splawn with Smallblocks? Or, Emi Swamp Thang and Texas Heat.

I was just going to say....

Don't mess around with a Splawn and Vintage 30s.

Splawn makes excellent cabs (some of the best for the money) and their Smallblocks kill. Do it.
+1. Go Splawn.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Another +1 for the matching Splawn. Very reasonably priced, and one of the best built cabs I've owned.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Splawn 2x12 all day
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
The Splawn 2x12 is basically the same size as the Marshall 1936 cab. The speakers Splawn uses can be ordered directly from them. But with the small blocks they are very Greenback-ish , and the big block's are very G12h30-ish but both have higher power handling.

So maybe a cab with an Eminence GB128 and a WGS Reaper HP. Or Celestion 65 watt creamback and a 75 watt creamback.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
those lorantz greenback clones might be worth a look. never tried them, but i think they have a good rep. made in australia, i think.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Agreed on the V30 thing with Splawn, definitely not my cup of tea with the QR I had. If the Big Blocks are like the G12H30's then that would be a solid recommendation (especially with the higher power handling). I REALLY liked the QR with the H30, but only having 30W of handling it wasn't feasible in a 2x12 setup at full power.

Avatar makes a good cab, and mine is the exact width of the Splawn I had.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
He's in Caths neck of the woods, so Avatar probably is not an option
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Very true
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Dave_Mc
those lorantz greenback clones might be worth a look. never tried them, but i think they have a good rep. made in australia, i think.

I spoke with a rep there based on what I experienced when I played a buddy's Lorantz-loaded speakers. Cath mentioned that they use Celestion's old equipment.
Quote by mmolteratx
Another +1 for the matching Splawn. Very reasonably priced, and one of the best built cabs I've owned.

oh? was it better than your fisher price cabinets?

noob
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by gumbilicious
oh? was it better than your fisher price cabinets?

noob

Are we making fun of Cath's irrational Orange hate?

EDIT: Though on a side note, the only cab I've owned that I felt wasn't built very well or even close to being worth the price was the Diezel. The back panel was ****ing warped...
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx

EDIT: Though on a side note, the only cab I've owned that I felt wasn't built very well or even close to being worth the price was the Diezel. The back panel was ****ing warped...

partially. i was also underplaying the fact that you have owned way too much nice stuff.

edit: btw TS, i own a couple of ppc212's. i love them, but i tend to recommend the avatar clone if people are trying to save cash; plus you can get them with any speaker combo you want (i always change out the V30's) and you don't get stuck with orange tolex.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Jul 22, 2013,
Quote by mmolteratx

Is it German?

I love the Bogner cab.
Quote by Ippon
Is it German?

I love the Bogner cab.

Yup. Was a German made cab from (I think) 2008.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by Ippon
I spoke with a rep there based on what I experienced when I played a buddy's Lorantz-loaded speakers. Cath mentioned that they use Celestion's old equipment.

yeah i think cath is where i first heard about them EDIT: I'm guessing you liked them if you went to the bother of contacting them?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah i think cath is where i first heard about them EDIT: I'm guessing you liked them if you went to the bother of contacting them?

Yes, awesome dinosaur rock tone - clean, crunch, overdriven. The shipping cost killed the deal.
ah yeah that can be a pain. that's the reason I've never tried any webers.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?