Hey all, its about time for a new guitar in my roster, and I'm gonna pick up a prs se custom 24(or the Orianthi one if I can find it cheap, that sparkle ). I've played quite a few, so I know I am going to replace the pickups fairly quickly, I'm just not sure what set to get.

I play all kinds of music, so I try to cover a lot of the sound spectrum, but this guitar is going to be my prog metal guitar. So I would like a set that could deliver some metal goodness like BTBAM, Opeth, and Scale the Summit kind of gainy sounds, while transitioning to something like Porcupine Tree or Animals as Leaders cleaner parts. I suck at explanations, let me know if you need something clarified.

I thought about the JP set, crunchlab + liquifire (not sure if this would do the job, just like the demos). I'm up for anything though, so fire away. Also, this is the only kind of sound I need, I have other guitars for everything else.
The gear:

Carvin Bolt Classic
PRS SE Singlecut
Agile AL-1900
Peavey Vypyr 2
OK, you're familiar with the guitar's stock pickups, and you're not satisfied they can deliver what you want, tonally.

1) are you positive the rest of your rig is up to the task?

2) if it is, you might want to look at Lace (Deathbuckers, Finger Burners), Tesla (Plasmas), and RailHammer (Chisel, Anvil). Bareknuckle is a favorite on these boards, and I do like some of their pickups- the Rebel Yell and Stockholm- but I don't think those are what you're looking for. Their Nailbombs might be to your liking, though.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jul 22, 2013,
Quote by dannyalcatraz
OK, you're familiar with the guitar's stock pickups, and you're not satisfied they can deliver what you want, tonally.

1) are you positive the rest of your rig is up to the task?

2) if it is, you might want to look at Lace (Deathbuckers, Finger Burners), Tesla (Plasmas), and RailHammer (Chisel, Anvil). Bareknuckle is a favorite on these boards, and I do like some of their pickups- the Rebel Yell and Stockholm- but I don't think those are what you're looking for. Their Nailbombs might be to your liking, though.

Nice suggestions.

I think my rig should be ok, my Laney is one of my favorite amps I've ever played, only other amp I really want is a Mesa Mark IV, but I don't have that kind of cash right now (cheapest I could find was 1200 or so).

Gonna take a look at some of those pickups though, thanks
The gear:

Carvin Bolt Classic
PRS SE Singlecut
Agile AL-1900
Peavey Vypyr 2
The JP set will be just fine
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Seymour Duncan Full Shreds
DiMarzio D Activators
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X