Ok, here's the deal, our bassist quit and 1- it's really difficult here to replace him, 2- I've been thinking about doing the "local h" set up for while, but it seems a bit messy and a bit complicated..

My band is me on vox/guitar and a drummer.

Any idea on how I could get a bass sound with just me playing the guitar?

I'm considering buying the BOSS PS6, since it has 2 outputs. Maybe the second output can go into a bass amp?

I'm really not good with gear so I don't even know if that set up would make any sense...

Any suggestion?

Thanks!
Last edited by pako82 at Jul 23, 2013,
Then you'd just be getting a guitar signal through a bass amp, you wouldn't be getting a bass guitar. Being honest, bassists are pretty easy to come by. Learning the basics of bass requires little skill, find someone who doesn't know how to play and teach them with the enticement of being in a band
Quote by AJScott
Then you'd just be getting a guitar signal through a bass amp, you wouldn't be getting a bass guitar. Being honest, bassists are pretty easy to come by. Learning the basics of bass requires little skill, find someone who doesn't know how to play and teach them with the enticement of being in a band

I agree. That's how I got my last bass player. I mean, if this is the type of band where you think the bass can be substituted by an octaved guitar part, then I can't imagine the basslines would be that difficult to play
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Hi guys,

well believe or not, almost no bassists and guitarists here in charlotte, nc, unless you're in a cover band, been looking for a year until our friend helped us out but that was temporary..

Ideally I obviously want a real person but in the meantime I just want a solution to fill up the sound, if that just means a guitar signal through a bass amp, then fine by me, just trying to keep moving..

Any set up ideas..?

Thanks.
Quote by pako82
Hi guys,

well believe or not, almost no bassists and guitarists here in charlotte, nc, unless you're in a cover band, been looking for a year until our friend helped us out but that was temporary..

Ideally I obviously want a real person but in the meantime I just want a solution to fill up the sound, if that just means a guitar signal through a bass amp, then fine by me, just trying to keep moving..

Any set up ideas..?

Thanks.

If that pedal has two outputs, could he put a different pedal chain on it? Run the other output to a bass amp with something to bring it down an octave? I can't see how it would sound very good unless you're only playing on one string at a time.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Y-jack
one goes to guitar amp
other one goes through an octave/synth pedal, then to a bass amp

or

Y-jack ~> A/B ~> octave pedal ~> looppedal ~> bass amp, the other one in the guitar amp
Looking at craigslist, you have plenty of bassists in Charlotte. You might want to check, if you really are looking for one it shouldn't be too hard.