I love the body shape of my Jagmaster, but I am looking to upgrade the pickups, neck and electronics with after-market improvements. I was thinking Seymour Duncan Vintage Blues and Fender Strat maple neck. Has anyone attempted to replace the neck/pickups and run into issues? I'm hoping to benefit from the experience of others. Any input would be appreciated.
The pickups should be ok so long as you check they're the same size before you buy them (they should be). As for the neck that is a minefield! (But doable) Try and buy a neck which is designed for your specific guitar or check these measurements before you buy: Width at heel; depth at heel; scale length. These all need to be exactly the same as your neck- meaning only the quality, aesthetics and neck shape can really change.
The scale length is completely wrong in a strat neck to jagmasters. Jagmasters are 24" scale length, which is very short, whereas strats are 25.5". This wouldn't be possible to do I don't think.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Quote by Lavatain
The scale length is completely wrong in a strat neck to jagmasters. Jagmasters are 24" scale length, which is very short, whereas strats are 25.5". This wouldn't be possible to do I don't think.

This depends on the year it was made. They made both long and scale necks. Measure yours to be sure.
Yeah, definitely measure your scale length. To do this, measure from break to break, as I say. That means from the bridge saddles to the nut. If the length is the same as the replacement's intended scale, then you should be good. Also measure the heel a bunch. I believe that the Squier Jazzmaster heel pocket is identical to a Strat neck's. Check for returns before buying a neck.
I would leave the neck, those Squiers are renowned for good necks. Just make sure the pickups fit the body routs, and that they complement one another tonally.

everything else is up to you!

I would DEFINITELY recommend replacing the nut.
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com