Page 1 of 2
what is your usual dinner, what did you have for dinner tonight/last night if you live in a weird place, do you eat dinner at home or outside, do you cook it yourself, what time is your dinner, etc.

also talk about supper because supper is really important too. (supper is the meal that comes after dinner but before breakfast - normally I wouldn't deign to explain this because supper is basically the brunch of the night, but it seems that a couple of people have never had supper before and that is rather unfortunate)
cat
cats, whenever im hungry/find one
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Fish/chicken with noodles/chips and beans/peas. Delete as appropriate. Though I do a freakin' mean stir-fry.
Some common ones:

Apricot chicken
Pasta dishes
Steak
Stir-fry
Laksa/fried rice/giozas
Redwine stew
Hamburgers
Lasagna
Pizza

EDIT: This is all home-made stuff by the way... Don't really buy canned stuff at all.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
shepherds pie
spaghetti
pizza
2 minute noodles
nandos

that sort of thing
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Supper is dinner though?

Usually cook three veggies with some potatoes or rice and with a meat (fish/chicken/steak/turkey)
Sail upon the open skies
had a huge lunch yesterday (two burgers) so I just made myself a smoothie for supper.

Tonight will be pulled pork and pineapple in a lettuce wrap (and a lot of wine)
Quote by flame843
His liver with some Fava beans and a nice chianti

/thread

last night I had a hamburger from a local seller on texas toast. Usually my mom makes will make something pretty healthy with stuff from our garden. We usually eat at the table but sometimes I'll eat in my room. During the summer we eat around 7 or 8 since they work around the house for a while. During the school year I eat at the cafeteria for dinner most days.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
i eat less dinner than lunch because i don't like the idea of dinner and if i eat too much at dinner I can't get to sleep until later than i would prefer, unless I eat dinner at 6pm which is ideal but is not accepted by the people I eat with because they eat at 8 or 9. this is usually my parents, though I don't consider it a family dinner - we sit at the same table but no one talks to each other. dinner is whatever my mom cooked, usually rice with curry or veggies or something else indian followed by mexican, chinese, italian, other in order of frequency. restaurant dinners with friends when i have spending money and sometimes on weekends. tonight's dinner was plain rice with leftover beans from a few days ago and cherry tomatoes.

supper helps me sleep no matter how late I eat it. i eat it twice a week (M/W/Sat) around 11-midnight which is problematic given that my vacation dinnertime is at 9, so i've had to forgo it the last few months. it is usually ordered from a fast-food place like mcdonalds, kfc, pastamania, or a local place (there are 2 main ones) with really good cheese fries and salted egg yolk calamari. supper helps me study late at night and fills me up if i haven't had dinner, which is common because as stated earlier i'm not a fan of dinner. supper is good for the body mind and soul. and heart unless it's cheese fries.

supper is definitely NOT dinner.
cat
I had friends around for dinner last week, so I made fresh ribeye steak burgers with cajun spices, foccacia bread for buns, thrice-cooked chips, an Italian style salad, and chocolate torte with strawberry sorbet. All homemade, even the potatoes and strawberries came from our allotment. Should have taken a picture of all that awesome.
Quote by guitarxo
i eat less dinner than lunch because i don't like the idea of dinner and if i eat too much at dinner I can't get to sleep until later than i would prefer, unless I eat dinner at 6pm which is ideal but is not accepted by the people I eat with because they eat at 8 or 9. this is usually my parents, though I don't consider it a family dinner - we sit at the same table but no one talks to each other. dinner is whatever my mom cooked, usually rice with curry or veggies or something else indian followed by mexican, chinese, italian, other in order of frequency. restaurant dinners with friends when i have spending money and sometimes on weekends. tonight's dinner was plain rice with leftover beans from a few days ago and cherry tomatoes.

supper helps me sleep no matter how late I eat it. i eat it twice a week (M/W/Sat) around 11-midnight which is problematic given that my vacation dinnertime is at 9, so i've had to forgo it the last few months. it is usually ordered from a fast-food place like mcdonalds, kfc, pastamania, or a local place (there are 2 main ones) with really good cheese fries and salted egg yolk calamari. supper helps me study late at night and fills me up if i haven't had dinner, which is common because as stated earlier i'm not a fan of dinner. supper is good for the body mind and soul. and heart unless it's cheese fries.

supper is definitely NOT dinner.

My grandparents call lunch dinner and dinner supper.

Where is you god now?
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I had friends around for dinner last week, so I made fresh ribeye steak burgers with cajun spices, foccacia bread for buns, thrice-cooked chips, an Italian style salad, and chocolate torte with strawberry sorbet. All homemade, even the potatoes and strawberries came from our allotment. Should have taken a picture of all that awesome.

make it again and take a picture this time! and post it here

Quote by angusfan16
Oh okay...

So supper is for weak minded who dont eat dinner.

no, supper is the meal that comes after dinner and before breakfast as I stated earlier. you can skip dinner and go straight to supper, or you can eat a solid dinner, take a 3 hr nap, and wake up in time for supper. that's pretty much what I'd do with breakfast and lunch, ideally

Quote by BladeSlinger
My grandparents call lunch dinner and dinner supper.

Where is you god now?

huh. grandparents are excused. my grandmother doesn't know what breakfast is because she eats 3 meals in the morning.
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Jul 22, 2013,
Breakfast -> Dinner -> Tea

That's the official way it works. No substitutes :/
I have never heard of supper as an after dinner meal. I've only heard of supper as another word for dinner. One of my friend says supper instead of dinner.

u tryin to cheat me agin gitarxo?
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by JackalUK
Breakfast -> Dinner -> Tea

That's the official way it works. No substitutes :/

ok you can call it whatever you want. but what if you're hungry after that

Quote by angusfan16
So its basically a midnight snack.

no, midnight snacks are things you feel slightly guilty about therefore you call them snacks not full-fledged meals that you look forward to and delight in consuming
cat
Quote by BladeSlinger
I have never heard of supper as an after dinner meal. I've only heard of supper as another word for dinner. One of my friend says supper instead of dinner.

wait. do none of you eat anything after dinner? When do you eat dinner? When do you sleep?

brt dis doge wud nvr cheet u ;_;
cat
Quote by BladeSlinger

This. Literally no one I know has supper after they have dinner. They might eat a snack or take casein or something, but thats just a midnight/before bed snack

And it usually depends on my work schedule when I eat dinner, but its almost always around 8. Ill take some protein around 11 right before I go to sleep, so I guess thats my supper
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Jul 22, 2013,
Dinner and supper are synonymous here, although usually only old people call it supper. 600km west of me, lunch is called dinner and dinner is called supper. Late night snacks are called late night snacks. I have never heard anyone refer to a late night snack as supper.

I generally eat really "normal" dinners: some kind of meat, a vegetable dish and a starch. I barbecue everything. Last night was ham steak, carrots and potatoes. Dinner's been between 5:30 and 6pm like every day of my entire life. Talking about dinners is very mundane.
Some kind of meat with potatoes. Or rice with meat.

I occasionally i cook pasta, but not very often, eating it all the time can't be good for you. I want to learn some more recipes as there are a few things that i am very good at cooking, but a lot of things that i'm just ok with, and it gets kind of boring.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
The original was Breakfast, dinner, supper.
Then dinner became lunch and supper became dinner.

I had pizza for dinner last night. Pretty good.
yesterdays i had lamb steaks

days before i had me some lamb strips

mmmm lamb
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Burgery
yesterdays i had lamb steaks

days before i had me some lamb strips

mmmm lamb

For lunch yesterday I had leg of lamb, with a side of mashed potatoes and a side of cabbage. It was good.
I hate putting mint jelly on lamb though I need it alone and lamby.
Quote by Masquirina
whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa slow down, barbecuing each part of your dinner every day is not mundane in the least! Do elaborate on this newfangled prandial practice your royal majesty.

Edit - Sorry didn't notice the canada. You call it barbecuing I get it. Forget everything - everything!

I don't even... what?
Quote by macashmack
For lunch yesterday I had leg of lamb, with a side of mashed potatoes and a side of cabbage. It was good.
I hate putting mint jelly on lamb though I need it alone and lamby.

jesus christ
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by guitarxo
wait. do none of you eat anything after dinner? When do you eat dinner? When do you sleep?

brt dis doge wud nvr cheet u ;_;

We have three meals a day. Breakfast, lunch, dinner. Anything eaten after dinner has no real name.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by macashmack
What?

i disagree with the way you choose to serve lamb, mashed potatoes and cabbage how distasteful and i dont even know what mint jelly is but i'm sure its awful

but to each his own
Quote by korinaflyingv
Quote by Burgery
i disagree with the way you choose to serve lamb, mashed potatoes and cabbage how distasteful and i dont even know what mint jelly is but i'm sure its awful

but to each his own

I love mashed poatoes.
Yea mint jelly is awful but apparently a lot of people eat lamb with it
Quote by guitarxo
what is your usual dinner, what did you have for dinner tonight/last night if you live in a weird place, do you eat dinner at home or outside, do you cook it yourself, what time is your dinner, etc.

also talk about supper because supper is really important too. (supper is the meal that comes after dinner but before breakfast - normally I wouldn't deign to explain this because supper is basically the brunch of the night, but it seems that a couple of people have never had supper before and that is rather unfortunate)

You are the one in the weird time zone. I ate bbq'd sausages last night.

& no, that doesn't exist. Supper = dinner. You don't have another meal after dinner unless you are a fatty.
A barbecue chicken pizza
Spaghetti with meatballs and sausage
A blt from Wawa
Doritos, cupcakes, and raspberry cheese danishes for dessert.

That was last night but usually I dont eat that much
i would totally eat ts for dinner
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
tamago donburi (eggs and vegetables and soysauce and dashi type mixture on rice) is my standby

some other frequent dinners are:
curry rice
cream stew
onion soup
omelette rice
convenience store bento (usually rice fish and pickles)
spaghetti (with olive oil because I hate red sauce)
tuna helper
ham egg onion sandwich
Listen. I'm sorry.
Page 1 of 2