Hey!

I've understood this is a rather common problem, but my G string is buzzing, and sounds kind of out of tune sometimes. When a take an A power chord with open A string, it sounds really weird and you can hear the buzzing clearly.

I'm playing a Gibson LPJ BJA sig. Doub. Cut.

I've tried adding a little bit of graphite in the "string pocket", you know in the nut?

Anyways, any idea what it could possibly be? Could it help hammering down the fret?

Thanks in advance
The G string has the least amount of tension on it because of where it is at, so this is a common problem. If it is buzzing against the frets then up the action on your guitar a bit. You can also try getting strings with a wound G or up the gauge of the strings you are using if that does not work.
Quote by xSOHx
The G string has the least amount of tension on it because of where it is at, so this is a common problem. If it is buzzing against the frets then up the action on your guitar a bit. You can also try getting strings with a wound G or up the gauge of the strings you are using if that does not work.

The thing is it's buzzing a little bit, but it kind of sounds out of tune, and seems to go out of tune pretty easily..

The tuner isn't loose or anything, can't find any problem.
for the tune make sure your strings locked. ameture guitarest don't lock their strings when they first try to put new ones on. and your action is probably the problem.
Quote by brett.endsley
for the tune make sure your strings locked. ameture guitarest don't lock their strings when they first try to put new ones on. and your action is probably the problem.

I must apologize, but I was not sure what to write, but I think it's more that it sounds out of tune almost dead even when brand new. Buzzing is only a problem on the first fret.

I'm locking my strings like this man shows in his video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RnONMgnfac

I'm not sure if it's OK though?
Quote by juliusxxrock
I must apologize, but I was not sure what to write, but I think it's more that it sounds out of tune almost dead even when brand new. Buzzing is only a problem on the first fret.

I'm locking my strings like this man shows in his video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RnONMgnfac

I'm not sure if it's OK though?

that looks ok for locking in your strings may i ask what gauge you use?