Hi, i'm looking for websites/tutorials/vlogs to learn how to play the piano, i'm not looking for miracle 10 steps or secret tricks, in my opinion, though they can provide something somewhat useful they are bullshit for actually learning.

I already some music theory, i know how to build chords and scales(i know this is not knowing music theory, but hopefully the point i try to make gets across, plus i know a little bit more) i guess im mainly looking for places to see what kind of excercises i can do to improve had coordination and that offers a kind of "ladder" or levels, to see what'll be more appropiate to me level. I know that i should get a teacher, and that nothing never will replace a good one, but i had to pay for college, so i dont have the money. This being said, im open to see thing you guys would consider appropiate.

So, long story short, could you guys post some links so i can learn piano? Thanks!!!
I wouldn't bother learning from free links.. you need to actually be playing music and get a good graded repetoire guide. For starters, I'd recommend Alfred's adult all-in-one as probably the best I have ever seen. It introduces new techniques and rhythms and notes, as you progress. Scales and Hanon are good for warmup, but they should be like 5 - 10 mins of your practice time.
Czeryn's school of velocity is pretty good and so is Hanon. Good luck. Also the Bach Inventions and Sinfonias are good. Whether or not your become proficient is mostly a matter of simple time investment.

And just for the record, I'm not a huge fan of alfred. I've seen it and think its okay, but sticking to some of the more traditional methods will get you further faster imo.
Quote by Erc
Czeryn's school of velocity is pretty good and so is Hanon. Good luck. Also the Bach Inventions and Sinfonias are good. Whether or not your become proficient is mostly a matter of simple time investment.

And just for the record, I'm not a huge fan of alfred. I've seen it and think its okay, but sticking to some of the more traditional methods will get you further faster imo.

Czerny is boring and unmusical, and it's not for beginners. Why waste your time on school velocity when you can learn something like a mozart sonata or a chopin etude when you are at that level?

Hanon is good for reference. For scales and arpeggios.. the finger dexterity are worthwhile for the beginner too and good prepwork for Bach. Play them in keys outside of C.

If you can start out playing Bach's inventions with no musical training, then all the better.

Try to incorporate improv so you can get comfortable and familiar with the entire keyboard.
Last edited by sweetdude3000 at Jul 22, 2013,
hi lol Welcome to Zebra Keys!!!! they are provides over 50 free piano lessons for various levels of difficulty. Each piano lesson is accompanied by visual flash animations that allow learners to view and hear songs as well as play along with the animations on their own piano keyboard. come on Hurry up!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and also another one is True piano lessons they are provide a life-long journey of joy.

Music/Local Artists
Last edited by ananthapriya at Aug 22, 2013,
Bachs intervations will get u to the Well Tempered Klavier... just Get to Bucketheadland and the woodz wont get ya
Just find some sheet music for songs you like and practice. Consider their difficulty before you attempt to play them though.