I'm trying to decide on 3-4 acoustic guitars to get in this price range. There not for me (I have a Taylor 510ce..), but for my high school, for a guitar class that is getting started. Basically what I'm looking for is something that will play decent, sound isn't as important. They will probably never be performed with. They don't need electronics or anything, just a straight acoustic.

I'm pretty unfamiliar with this price range, because my first acoustic was a higher end Alvarez, and now I have my Taylor. But I have read good things about the Seagull S6 Entourage. Id really like to have 2-3 guitars in mind though, because I'm going to shop around at some local music stores and see if anyone will cut me a deal. Any suggestions?

Also, are there any acoustics between $250 and $300 that are more then kindling? Because I'd love to have the money to spend elsewhere if I can buy ok guitars at the price point. I wont be playing them anyways, I will have mine.

Thanks for the help,
Jesse
Rock On!!!

Schecter C-1 Custom FR (Prototype)
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Taylor 510ce
B.C. Rich Bronze Warlock
Ibanez SRX705
i bought 6 yamaha fg700's from a local music shop for a local youth center. the owner sold them to me at his cost when i told him what i was doing with them.
great guitars for starters and intermediate players alike.
need more gear and a lot more talent(courtesytuxs)
+1 for the Yamaha, sounds OK and stays in tune. Hard to beat in the $200 range. The Seagulls are usually closer to $400.
yamaha FG700 is probably the best deal in guitars and something cool is that you can find it in many stores including virtually all guitar centers. it's got a solid top, gloss finish, pretty good build quality and tone, yet is only $199 - and i've seen it for $149 in store during guitar center holiday sales. and get this - for that price you can get a choice of natural and a burst.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Yamaha-FG700S-Folk-Acoustic-Guitar-103114252-i1149962.gc
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
I had actually been looking at the 730. But the more I think about it, that $100 id save a guitar could be used for another guitar, or something else that we could make use of. And even more so if a local shop would give use a discount. Thanks for the help.
Rock On!!!

Schecter C-1 Custom FR (Prototype)
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Taylor 510ce
B.C. Rich Bronze Warlock
Ibanez SRX705