Sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this in but it's to do with recording so I guessed it is most suited here. I'm sorry this is a drum related post but I thought a lot of you would be able to help me with this.

My band are currently recording our EP ourselves. We want to record drums using an electric drum kit which will effectively trigger some drum samples we already have. To be blunt, I have absolutely no idea how to do this.

What do I need and what do I need to download? I don't really want to have to spend any money to do this. We have an electric drum kit, an audio interface and reaper.

we want it so that the drummer can play a track on the electric drums which will play a chosen sample for each corresponding drum. Eg if he hits the snare, it will play a sample of a snare in reaper.

How do we connect the drum kit to the computer? How do we then go about doing what I just said? If there is already a forum like this then can you please link me to it. I couldn't search for one myself because I don't know what I am searching for. Thankyou
You need to get a vsti of some sort. When I recorded my band this way I just used a USB out from the drum module, but if your drum module doesn't have that you'll probably need a midi cable.

What is your budget so we can help you find a good vsti?
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
What is your budget so we can help you find a good vsti?

Quote by cbeech12
I don't really want to have to spend any money to do this.

Sounds like zero to me
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com