Hi everyone,

I've recently become interested in bass. I'm looking to trade my old electric guitar in and swap it with either used Schecter Elite 4 from GC for $207 or an Ibanez Gio from Craigslist for $100. Both seem to be in pretty good condition.

I played guitar for 3 years, but I only recently realized I was most interested in rhythm anyway So I have a decent handle on guitar, but not much after that.

Do you have experience with either one? Which is a better deal/idea? Also, do you have experience w/ the Peavey Basic 112 amp? For $110, it seems like a pretty good deal.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Last edited by Drausin at Jul 22, 2013,
I vote for the Schecter. The Stilletto Elites aren't bad at all.

Don't know anything about the amp.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Schecter, I had a stiletto studio 5 on loan from the guitarist of the first band I played bass in (this was before I had my own bass) and it was an excellent sounding and more-so playing bass, for a fiver it had scary-low action. Pretty light-weight and had a decent pre/eq for a low-mid priced bass.

My current bass is an Ltd B-205 a friend found in the trash that I fixed up; I converted it to passive (removed everything but volume and blend)It has the same model EMG-HZ pups as the stiletto had. I've found I like the sound of them better without the pre/eq for the stuff I play.